Just popping in!

Old 06-09-2003, 09:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Just popping in!

Hi All!

I have missed all of you soooo much. There are lots of new names and faces (I went back and read the post where you all described one another. FUNNY stuff)

I have moved - I am finally back HOME after over 20 yrs away. I moved 800 miles, and it all feels right. The crazy A is still stalking me, and I imagine he'll go ballistic when he finds out I am gone...
but I am happy and at peace for the first time in a very long time. I have a cute little house that I am fixing up, and a job that I can do from anywhere as long as I have a computer. I am living about 20 min away from my BF and his daughter, and I know that this is where I am supposed to be. I will be locating and checking out face to face meetings soon as its the only way to keep my sanity.

Just wanted you to know that even though I haven't posted in quite awhile, I'm still around, reading and laughing and crying and hollering right along with you.

HUGS all around
O59
Old 06-09-2003, 11:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

Hi Osier,
I remember when you posted a while back about about moving back home... I just knew it was right for you too . So glad you came back to check in!
WE'LL keep you sane!!! or, the other way around
Hugs for you
Meg
Old 06-10-2003, 12:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Wow Osier,

Absolutely good for you!!!! If it feels right, then it's right.

You sound great, we have missed you.

Hugs,
Old 06-10-2003, 03:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Osier

I really missed you too and am happy for you that you have made the big move. You already sound settled in.

Welcome back
Old 06-10-2003, 05:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((((Osier)))))))

So glad you "popped" in! Glad to hear things are going well!

Lyn
Old 06-10-2003, 06:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations!

Enjoy your new home and welcome back.

NoDoubt
Old 06-10-2003, 06:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Thanks all!

I am "starting over" and it is wonderful and scary all at the same time. New IDs on the computer, new email addresses etc. Its quiet and peaceful here, can sit w/ the windows open and enjoy the breeze and the trees and the birds! I am sure that I will have my 'down' moments but for now it feels great. Kind of fun to know that I can meet new people who dont have to know all of my sordid past unless I choose to share it with them!

Ok - here's a thought for the group- if you could recreate YOURself where would you live? What kind of person would YOU want to be?

HUGS
O59
Old 06-10-2003, 07:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Okay - now I know that you're REALLY back LOL.

I would live in Dallas and be just like you Okay just kidding.

Actually this is a great question for me today, because my husband and I are thinking of semi-retiring (key word "semi") and may relocate this fall, going from the big city to a quiet lakeside town (sort of New-England style town) and I have had to give a lot of thought to this. But here is the good side, as I see it...

I would live in a quiet town that is close to a lot of activity for when I need it, in a nice Victorian house with a big garden and a white picket fence (yup, I'm serious). My cat and I would enjoy the mornings and I would do some work at home or part time away from the house and my husband would work for about 6 non-consecutive months of the year and be home the rest of the time.

I'd hope to be the same person I am today - it just took me so long to be who I am and I don't want to give me up. I think I would relax more, but the truth is I would probably be as busy as ever because I need action in my life. I would start a 12-step group if there is not one there already and get involved with a church and try to surround myself with "recovery" beauty.

I'll let you know how this transpires, and probably ask you for advice if I get nervoous about it LOL.