Notices

I'm back...what a nightmare

Old 12-16-2007, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm back...what a nightmare

First off- let me apologize if I offended anyone with my last intoxicated posts. I just read them myself...don't remember writing them at all. I wound up in a blackout Sat. night...my wife called some people over and they somehow got me to a hospital. I had an incredibly high blood alcohol level..was belligerent....actually wound up leaping off the table and running out of the ER...I was found wandering a bowling alley 5 miles away. The police came but luckily I was not arrested and just sent home. I went back to the hospital the following morning and was checked out for several hours...then released. I feel incredibly bad on all kinds of levels...I was abusive to my wife and friends...hospital staff...everyone. I remember none of this. I am incredibly lucky to be alive and with no new legal charges pending...I'm still on probation from the last set of DWI's. I've been driving drunk regularly again...it must stop. Even with my kids. once I start drinking I absolutely cannot stop...for anyone or anything....not even people I dearly love.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Please stop today!

We'll help
Old 12-16-2007, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You ready for a change? sounds like you are.. i know i sure was, perhaps after you detox , maybe find an aa group? i know it is helping me more than i ever could have imagined... best wishes:praying
Old 12-16-2007, 05:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Captain Lurker

:ghug Hang in there and keep writing. Have you tried AA or other F2F type meetings for addictions? Even detox can get you headed in the right direction.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You must surrender, Rob, it's over. I know this is a difficult time of year, & I'm having a bad time myself, but you can't delay getting serious help any longer. Not long ago you were so happy about your progress & how your life had improved. You can get that feeling back. Please keep posting, keep seeking help.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

That is painful stuff to read Robzoloft.

You just have to quit and now.

Take some steps - arrange to get help with detox from a qualified person. I really do hope you try to quit. It might not be as bad as you think, please try?
Old 12-16-2007, 05:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stop Rob, to save your life.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's very painful to see you suffering like you are Rob. Please take all the good advice here and get whatever help you need. What a gift to give yourself and family at this time of year. Prayers & peace, Jomey
Old 12-16-2007, 07:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

What a cunning, baffeling, and frightening disease alcoholism is. Can't live with it but don't know how to live without it. I was at that place almost 7 years ago. It is like looking over the edge of a dark prepipice. I can assure you though that there is a solution. Today, I have a life where I do not have to drink, I have peace, compassion, am free of guilt, no longer have to worry about who I harmed in a black out. Hang in there, here at SR there are many people who have been right where you are and found the light at the end of the tunnel and it wasn't a train. There are many roads to recovery, the road that worked for me was A.A.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi Rob...
This can be your last destructive blackout.
This can be where you stop driving and drinking.
This can be your final miserable guilt trip.

All on you my friend.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

once I start drinking I absolutely cannot stop...for anyone or anything....not even people I dearly love

You are so right ....... you can only do it for YOU

With a willing spirit, and an open mind , I suggest you get to the first AA meeting you can find, even if you have to crawl, sit and listen for the similarities, and take the first step to recovery

Alcoholism is a FATAL disease, and will progress if you dont take steps NOW to get the help and support you need .

I wish you well
HUGX
Leigh
Old 12-16-2007, 09:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The fight is over Rob. you lost. But you can have a life that you never dreamed was possibe. Hang in there and keep posting.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hello Rob,

Lots of support here for you...

Keep trying...

Thinking of you...:ghug
Old 12-17-2007, 09:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome back Rob. Time to make a change.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

you can do it rob