Notices

Hi...

Old 12-16-2007, 04:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi...

I was tying to think of a post heading that would sum up how I feel but there is none. I had to hit rock bottom I think and well move forward positivily. I dont want to go into too much info it is painful just to say I will share more when I can see my life becoming more positive. Im pleased Im back Im seven days sober and going to a AA meeting tonight and went to cads ( community alcohol and drugs service) last week.
Ang
Old 12-16-2007, 04:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi Ang ! Nice to see you back hun. I'm sorry you had to hit rock bottom. I think sharing when you can find the words is important to help you move foward but most important is that you're back to 7 days!!! That's a great start Ang.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks gypsy for the lovely words. I feel a lot better this week than last week but Im still scared. I havent the children living with me but can see them as often as I can and husband finally shifted out so Im on my own. I think I need to get myself better before I can become the mother I really want to be.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Ang I'm sure you're a fine mother . You just need to get the drinking out of your life for good. You're right... get yourself better so you can be the mother you want to be for them. I'm glad to hear that the hubby is out. That was a difficult situation that was surely adding to your stress. I know you're going to be able to focus on getting you well now. AA meetings are a good place for you to be. A week sober is excellent and it's just the beginning...you will be feeling better & stronger as the days pass. Please pm me if you need a friend...you have a lot of those here at SR I know!
Old 12-16-2007, 05:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Welcome back!
Old 12-16-2007, 05:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Angie I was thinking about you the last few days & wondering what was going on. It's all uphill from now on, you can have the life you want and the whole nightmare can be put behind you. I know you don't feel too perky right now, but you're still young and can rise above all the hell you've been through.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Ang

I'm very glad to see you and to hear that you are working hard at your sobriety. Sorry that things had to get so bad before they started to get better, but unfortunately that's just the way it is sometimes.
I am very very proud of you.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Angie, it's sad what we have to go through, but for some reason, we do. I'm glad you're doing well.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm sorry that you're struggling, angie. but i'm so glad you came here and posted. keep reaching out on sr, because we're listening.

hugs and support, k

(recovery is possible.)
Old 12-16-2007, 08:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Originally Posted by angie9 View Post
....... I havent the children living with me but can see them as often as I can and husband finally shifted out so Im on my own. I think I need to get myself better before I can become the mother I really want to be.
I am a mother of 3 children. I will not go into a lot of detail here regarding my disease and recovery and how that affected my children as I do not want to highjack your thread. But if you read this and want more detail, I have my story posted under stories. You might find some experience, strength and hope in it.

I did not start my recovery path until my children were 15, 13, and 5. In my recovery I had to allowed my ex husband to take my 5 year old and move over 2000 miles away and also had to send my older two children to live with their grandmother. Neither of these things were easy to do. Alcoholism is a painful enough disease to go through but being a parent can add to that pain and confusion.

Today, I can say that I am grateful for my recovery. I am finally able to be the mother I had always wanted to be but was unable to be because of my disease. I have earned my childrens love and respect through being a living amends to them.

It sounds like you are on a path to recovery. Do not give up hope. You have a wonderful support group here at SR. Take care and keep posting.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Very proud of you Angie and so glad that you are back!

Keep working hard-I have faith in you that you can do this! Lots of 's!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Nice to see you back Ang.