Hmmmmm...just wondering

Old 12-14-2007, 10:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hmmmmm...just wondering

Now and then I go and see what XABF could be up to by checking out a site where he has a profile.

As of today, he claims he "does not drink at all" when asked about his drinking habits.

Well, that's very positive for him. Perhaps he really is going to get serious about stopping. I hope so....for his sake.

Meanwhile, my life goes on. I worked away on a hellish simulation for one of my courses then worried all week about everything I thought I had done wrong. Checked my dropbox this evening and got 100%!

ARL
Old 12-14-2007, 10:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by ARealLady View Post

Meanwhile, my life goes on.

ARL
Great job on the 100

but as for checking up on him... in such moments, our life stands still or goes backwards. The time spent checking up on an X can be time spent doing something nice for you. Turn that codie charm onto ...yourself and do something nice for you next time you want to check up on him. Your worth it.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats

Ditto what Best said! Best, so good to see you come back around! I missed reading your posts. Happy Holidays to everyone.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're both right. My life did go backwards....and lots of "what ifs" started churning in my brain. I sort of froze. And I think the reason I posted that first bit of news was because I didn't know what to do with it.

ARL
Old 12-16-2007, 05:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on doing so well with simulation!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ARealLady View Post
Checked my dropbox this evening and got 100%!
Congratulations!!

as for xabf.....well,who knows but fwiw I've heard that talk before,too. (I admit that it rattled my cage a bit,too) My exAH is still drinking and now says he never stopped (and never will!) but of course he had to say or at least convince himself that he was drinking less; afterall he left because he told everyone the kids and I "made him drink". Also, hard to reel in a codie if he is too wasted to go out and put on your best behavior,etc.

p.s. I've missed you and your great posts,too,Best. Glad you're back!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on your simulation, ARL. And I agree with Best.....best to avoid those situations if you can resist the temptation in the future. It means nothing, and doesn't make you happy (no matter WHAT you learn...right?)

Hugs,
GL