Notices

Releaseing My Demons

Old 12-14-2007, 08:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Releaseing My Demons

I have been in such a bad mood lately and i dont really know why. I can only think of the new court thing and and all the things that have happened to me lately. None of them good. It is amazeing how once you start in the path of bad things and you let it start to get to you the more things happen to you. I have gone to my meetings and counseling and nothing seemed to help for a couple of weeks. yet I still kept going to meetings and counseling. I guess I just felt bad for myself instead of seeing that things could always be worse. I did not start to drink again I just kept plugging along. My cousnselor even asked me if I relapsed, cause he noticed a change in me. Then when I just saw him he noticed a difference. I put my demons to rest. I think that I am so busy with things in my life that I dont do things for myself. I think I need to do more for me and stop being this nice guy and so friendly.

If any one has some advice on this one? Should I spend more time for me? And What should I do? I love to cook, take walks and hang out with my sweetie. Does anybody have any good ideas what else I can do for myself?
Old 12-15-2007, 03:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Do what you need to do for YOU and the rest will hopefully follow jmo.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's hard to be positive early on, but thats where we get to practice 'let go and let God.'

and life improves..
Old 12-15-2007, 04:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Shemp.
I like to get out and be around a lot of people. This time of year is great for that. Or maybe a Three Stooges marathon - I don't know if that's where your name comes from - but Shemp was always my favorite. anyway...hit a bookstore, hang out with your sweetie, have a double thick shake... but know also that you are on the right path and that is doing something for yourself and those you love.
Mike
Old 12-17-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
If you go around thinking you are being cheated,
life becomes very unpleasant.
--Felix Salten

Sometimes we feel cheated that we have been given this darn disease to cope with. Why us? Why can't we just be like normal people? Why did we have to get into so much trouble and pain as a result of a disease that hit us and skipped over other people?

Another way to look at it is: Hey, I'm really lucky. I have a killer disease, and I'm beating the odds. I'm getting healthier every day. I got my life back.

Another way to look at it is: At least this is a disease I can recover from.

The Big Book Promises (on pages 83 and 84) say that any feeling of self-pity will disappear by the time we are working Step Nine. We may even be grateful for the path that led us to recovery. Do we believe it? There's one way to find out: We need to try it.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me to remember that there are a lot worse things in life than being in recovery.

Today's Action

What are five good things that I have gotten from recovery? Ten? I will write these down and refer to them when I'm tempted to feel sorry for myself.

You are reading from the book:

God Grant Me... by Anonymous