Court Update

Old 12-14-2007, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

Court Update

After the past few weeks of my AH telling me that if he has to continue taking off for random court ordered urine tests and they keep calling him at work, he will lose his job, today was the court date. And guess what - the judge called out sick. They kept us waiting there all morning, and then they gave us new dates. They were going to give us one in January, but I requested one as soon as possible, so we can just get it done with (him being mandated, etc.). They gave me one for next week (one week before Xmas). Needless to say, AH is not happy at all, says he wants this over with and keeps saying now he has to take off another day and will lose his job. This is becoming very stressful for me, but like I told him, I had no control over today, I did not call the judge and tell her to call in sick, so why is he taking it out on me. He said cause we shouldn't be there in the first place. I'm in for a rough weekend, I can tell already. And it's only one week before Xmas, which s**ks.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

One day at a time came to mind when I read you post Terri. You've been so strong so far, I know you have lots more strength inside you to get through. Plus, one week before xmas still is better than after, good for you for pushing for an earlier date!

Lily xxxxxxxx
Old 12-14-2007, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hey terri, glad they gave you a sooner date. that just stinks to get all worked up for something -get the courage and everything -and then have to wait longer. i'm with ya girl!!!

next week will be better
Old 12-14-2007, 11:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((QT))) same thing happened to me. Hang in there!
Old 12-14-2007, 11:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

QT
Hang in there ..this too shall pass!
Old 12-14-2007, 12:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Waiting for Judge...

This happened to my daughter when we went to court for her child support hearing...she already had one and her ex didn't have the paperwork done so got a talking to and was told it was against the law not to comply with court requests.

Then we went back again and the judge that was handling child support cases quit and went to another job and my daughter's lawyer was appointed the judge for support enforcement and he couldn't hear her case because of conflict of interest.

It finally got resolved over the phone in a conference call, that they had sent her the wrong time and she missed the call, but it went through okay. What a hassle to go through. It was worth waiting for though and she gets back pay from him also.

kelsh
Old 12-14-2007, 12:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am sorry you have to deal with this (((Teree)))
Old 12-14-2007, 12:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

I'm sitting here at work and listening to Xmas music. I still have shopping and wrapping to do, yet I am so not in the mood. Even though my father was an A, he was a great father, always cared about us and our moods and emotions, was always there for us kids and we had the best of everything. And he always made sure we had a good life, especially at Christmastime. I grew up loving Christmas and the whole month leading up to it (not just for the presents, but for the loving and family that surrounded the holiday). For the past few years, my Christmases have gotten worse and worse, this being the worst, and I'll tell you, I will not spend another holiday season like this again, and if I do next year, please make sure you give me a kick in the a**. Thanks.