other 1/2 of the story

Old 12-12-2007, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

other 1/2 of the story

Hi, I posted the other day about my son being home again because I felt sorry for him when his girlfriend died of an overdose.I wasn't sure if letting him come back was a smart thing to do but so far he is not drinking.
I have another son and his girlfriend and a 3 year old grandson, living here with me, she also has a drinking problem. She has a job and Insurance so she has been in rehab. Twice as a matter of fact. She takes Anna-something to help her stay off Alcohol. We found out she has been drinking while taking it. I have 2 questions. Will to much coffee make that stop working? How much danger is she in if she mixes that drug and alcohol? She is back in rehab as of yesterday but I can't help worrying about when so gets out.
Haveing both of them in the same house is very hard so I will be around alot
Old 12-12-2007, 07:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sorry

sorry to hear about your pain-in-the-neck loved ones. i hope you have some time to yourself and don't get too caught up in their lives and actions. although i can't answer either question for you, I wish you the best.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know the answers to your question either....just wanted to let you know we are here for ya !
Old 12-13-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi there,

You can read more here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disulfiram

And my guess is that she's not taking her meds. Drinking while on antabuse is a painful, painful experience, and while it can be done (some alcoholics can handle the misery), you would certainly know she was doing it.

You may want to consider putting some boundaries in place to Protect your sanity and your peace of mind. One of mine was: You drink in my house, you find somewhere else to live.

If you are going to let them live there with no boundaries, no rules, and no limits, then I wouldn't waste any time worrying about drugs or drug interactions. She is an adult and can take responsibility for herself. Meddling in this only makes YOU crazy.

Hugs,GL