the drinking buddy

Old 12-10-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the drinking buddy

My AH has several drinking buddies, but one in particular I cannot stand. He is the biggest liar I have ever met. He literally makes my skin crawl. When AH leaves our family for a binge or to poohpooh about how rough he has life, of course he goes running over to the -ss's house for support. Are all alcoholics like this? Really....it makes me sick that it is bad enough that 1 has to be alcoholic, but to drag someone else into it along with you? My patience for anyone who drinks irresponsibly has in the gutter. It just makes me sick.

There...now that I got that out I feel better.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just want to add...this guy was rude to me, lied about me and caused even more friction than the alcohol ever could. It is a boundary that I set that I would not ever welcome such an abusive person into my life after the way he treated me and yet AH still thinks the guy walks on water...probably because his drinking buddy see's nothing wrong with getting s-it-faced every single day.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Unless your husband is bringing the guy into your home, I wouldn't let it get to me. Just as you can't control you AH's drinking, you can't control who he chooses to associate with.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Misery loves company, I used to be a bartender, I remember the drunks coming in all the time and the stuff they said about the personal stuff at home was awful. My XAH (yes I had another one before, did'nt learn my lesson) was like that, went around telling everyone when I was in treatment myself, I couldn't believe it. They are just looking for an excuse to get drunk; "oh if you had my problems, you'd drink this way too" attitude. Oh poor me, pour me another drink.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

this one in particular will never be welcome in my home. AH says that "he never did anything to you"...which is total bs, but anyway...the fact of the matter is that not one of my friends would have treated AH badly no matter what the circumstance. He is so blinded by the bottle that he cant even see what Im talking about. grrrrr
Old 12-10-2007, 11:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The "drinking buddy" is a pain in the arse IMHO. While they're out running around they're "one-upping" the other to go to the next level of drinking, or deviant behavior. It's like a couple of 8 year old boys terrorizing the neighborhood. They used to have a potato gun and shoot at nearby buildings, tourists and boats. Real mature. When I came back on the scene in 2007 with my XABF and he booted his current GF, he started running around with his drinking buddy again. The enabler GF and drinking buddy didn't get along at ALL. I didn't know which was worse -- the warden GF who was trying to marry and booze him to death for his money, or the drinking buddy trying to leech his money away by partying. Both were/are the same - they didn't care whether he lived or died, and they were intent on draining his account.

Along came me, who believed that he deserved a better life and a growing bank account. Well, hell, I certainly had to be eliminated after time! So now he's back with the "warden GF", the drinking buddy is out, and I'm out too.

It's just a damned three-ring circus, and not very entertaining or funny.