I'm GOING for it!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 09:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm GOING for it!!!

Well,

the AH is IN a Civil/committed rehab behind bars for a month, til after Christmas, I did it, I put his butt in there. I've had time to think and take action and haven't been afraid to go home every night - I'm doing what I should have done months ago, I made plans then but he stopped drinking for 5months, sure, I actually was stupid enough to take a breath and relax for a while and you all know what happened once again. So I've put the house on the market, if it doesn't sell even foreclosure/bankrupcy is better than staying another day with that man. I am going to have all my ducks in a row when he gets out. I have already sent him the letter, telling him what HAS been done, NOT what I am GOING to do. This is a great great step for me, getting away from the alcoholism is the best thing I've ever done.

I am a codependant and am afraid of what he will do once he gets out, where will he live, how will he get back and forth to work etc. but the nice thing is I can learn to stay away, I can change my phone number, I can do anything I want, I am not trapped anymore in a failed/alcoholic marriage. With help from you all, I realize how sick I have become because of this all. the straw that finally broke the camels back was him picking up another drink when I got the call my mom was close to death. oh then I remembered how screwed up he was 7 years ago when my dad died, he HASN'T learned yet and I don't think he will. he is late stage alcoholic, very late stage.

I have to get my head out of his crappy life, his problems are NOT caused by me and I cannot HELP or CURE him or anything. He is totally in GOD/HP hands today and for the rest of his existance on this planet.

as for me, I'm planning where my furniture is going in my new apartment and taking up needle point again, and I'm gonna start water color painting again and plan a small garden for the spring etc. etc. in other words, go back to directing my own life. phew, this has been so exhausting.

sorry to winded, just had something great to share

God Bless all of you that are affected by this incidious disease - at least we found each other right? something good comes from bad, I beleive that one.

l
Old 12-10-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

You sound fantastic, positive, healthy and hopeful. Way to take your life back w/o fear.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on doing what is right for you, Loreena. I know I loved my little "escape from alcoholism" apartment so much!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you, Loreena. It's amazing how the disease sucks the desire to create out of a soul. I'm glad to hear you're taking it all up again. ((()))
Old 12-10-2007, 02:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Free to make own choices....!!!!

Hi Loreena,

I remember a day that I packed what would fit into my four door car and took my six year old son and moved across state from my soon to be ex. I felt just like you sound. :bounce

I am so happy for you. Life is so short these days, not to have a life of our own. I am lucky to have what I do today & I was the alcoholic of the family first....then one of my sons...but after many years of sobriety, my life is more like what I thought it should be but never was until I "got all my ducks in a row."

kelsh
Old 12-10-2007, 02:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you LIFE IS FOR LIVING xxx

Mair
Old 12-10-2007, 02:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Wow, Loreena........Thank you so much for posting. What a great way to celebrate your right to be happy.....
grateful2b
Old 12-19-2007, 05:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
fff

Good for you! My AW is in a rehab behind bars. There's an order of protection against her, though, so she has NO CONTACT with me or our 4 kids. It's hard not to worry about when she will get out (the trial is tomorrow!!!) and what she will do when she does, but we both are on different paths now with different higher powers...
Old 12-19-2007, 05:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good for you!
Old 12-19-2007, 05:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good job! What a great attitude!
Old 12-19-2007, 06:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Progress Not Perfection

You made my day!
Old 12-19-2007, 06:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wonderful! Be proud of yourself. {hugs}
Old 12-19-2007, 07:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Im willing to bet that during the time he's in rehab, you will experience a profound peacefulness in your soul because you aren't having to live immediately in the chaos. At least that's how I felt.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

How's that needle point coming along? I've never tried needle point, but I used to spend hours doing cross stitch. I found it really relaxing. Think it's time for me to pick that up again.