Notices

hello first time here

Old 12-10-2007, 04:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello first time here

This is my first time ever posting on this forum/website
I've been in a relationship for about 15years now though I've been married for 6years.
I haven't attended any Al-non meetings yet but I do plan on attending on soon.
Here is my story:
I don't really know where to start so I'll start here I grew up with a parent that was an alcoholic (mother) which now has been sober for 5 years. Married at a very young age to leave my home though I was divorce at the age of 22 with two small children do to alcoholism. I remarried about 19 years later at the time I didn't think my husband was an alcoholic, maybe I was in denial or an enabler. My husband was a bar drinker but stopped going to bars once we got married. His drinking started with beer now it's hard liquor. About 5 months ago my husband drinking has worsened which just recently he didn't go to work to drink and later to drive to pick up a women which I wasn't aware until I arrived home from work to find out that my truck was at a robbery. I was told to report a missing report on my husband and my truck. Which I called and sheriffs were writing the report when my husband arrived. My husband must have passed out that this women took our truck and made this robbery of course she took my husbands credit card, ID and minor things from our truck. Of course reports were made. Now my fear, anger, anxiety and being so sad has caused me to be so bitter with my husband. I know there are so many stories like mine or worse I just feel so alone and confuse.
Don't know now if I want to save my married, my husband wants to seek counseling (AA) and marriage counseling. Which I'm going to seek Al-non. Though I feel so betrayed.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We, welcome to the board...

alanon is a great idea!

its not good for us drunks tho... they teach you how to say no to us! lol

all good wishes We...

xxoo

rz
Old 12-10-2007, 05:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

a very warm welcome wearepeople

im so sorry that youve been trough this terrible ordeal,
you will find so many people here that will try to help you

theres a great section here for family with addicts, ive been reading alot of their posts in the short while since i found this forum

its given me alot of insight into how my actions as an alcoholic has affected my husband and kids lives, im taking on board all the comments to make me a better mother/wife on my road to recovery

please stay around, the advice youll find is indispensible
Old 12-10-2007, 05:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I hope you can begin to take care of yourself.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you here with us...

Welcome to SR!
Old 12-10-2007, 06:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome.There are other forums filled with people who understand what you are going through.Nothing feels worse than being betrayed by your husband/wife.I am very sorry this happened to you.Just know whatever you are feeling is natural and Alanon will be a very good place for you to learn how to heal.We are happy to see you.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

First things First, one day at a time.

Please attend Al-anon they understand, where others may not.

Please focus on Yourself and children being safe as a priority,
too many chefs in the kitchen spoil the pot.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your posts. I know it's not going to easy for me but I know I need to help myself first. On Wednesday I'm going to attend an alanon group session.

WeArePeople
Old 12-11-2007, 04:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR glad you found us.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My first meeting for Ala-non was yesterday. I was so nervous but had enough nerve to share why I was attending ala-non meeting. Everyone who attended was not only humble but compassionated just to see how much support and love that each and everyone in the meeting had for each other plus including myself and my daughter. I know I have a long way to understand and learn how to deal with my families additions to alcohol and drugs. But I feel that I made a first step in recognizing were I have went wrong and wished I had seek Alanon a long time ago but I must see whats now and go forward not backwards.
I was invited to join another group on Saturday for women only I just might do that.
I don't know if my husband or any other family member will try to help themselves and seek counseling but I know I sure need help.

WeArePeople