Notices

Hi I'm new here.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Hi I'm new here.

Hello everyone. I am a new member. I joined this community because I need support as I am not getting it at home. I feel that I will be able to communicate everything truthfully here without being judged. I have decreased my "screwdriver drinking" to once every weekend. I was drinking half a 1.75 liter of Smirnoff every three days. Now I drink the same amount only 4 times a month. I am working my way down to not drinking at all. Now I know you will all say to quit completely but I'm just not there yet but I am improving day by day. My sister only gives me negative reinforcement for when I am drinking and no positive reinforcement or support for the days I dont drink. So thats why I came here to you.
So any support, info, opinions, or critiques (good or bad) would be appreciated.
Also anyone know how I get my info on the members list??
I tried using the "chat" room but it would'nt work..any ideas??
Old 12-09-2007, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Your info will be on the Members list after you post 5 times. Then you can send and receive PM's as well.

Welcome and this is a good place to come for support and we are definitely not a judgemental group. I am glad you are cutting down on your drinking but, I think most people here will say, that doesn't work. I know I tried cutting down because I was determined I could manage it and it never worked for very long. But, it's really good that you've cut back. It's really hard for people who are not alcoholics to understand what we have to go through to quit, so try to not let your sister's comments get to you. One of the reasons I come here is because people here understand.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support. What is a PM?
Old 12-09-2007, 06:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lurker

welcome. My first sujestion would be to go see a doctor, and be honest with them. Coming off alcohol can be dangerous. Second you may want to look into AA. There is a lot of good stuff going on there. Good luck, and keep posting.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Lurker

Private message. top right
Old 12-09-2007, 06:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

A PM is a Private Message.

You would use it if you wanted to contact a member and talk more personally than you might do in a post. If you click on a members User Name, you'll get a drop-down menu and one of the choices is to send a Private Message.

I'm the Moderator of the Newcomers forum, so just PM me anytime if you have a question, or post it here.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

yes plz see a doctor dont writhe in aggony like i did under my blanket sky!!! its much easier that way
Old 12-09-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The Chat Room

Still checking out everything on this site. Tried the Chat Room but it would't work. Something I'm doing wrong??