Notices

I'm Havin A Hard Time Sleepin

Old 12-08-2007, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm Havin A Hard Time Sleepin

I have like a sleep phobia now. I am use to either sleeping in the same bed as my bf or if not, being loaded and passing out. Its like I dont know how to just fall asleep without either. I have a beautiful new bed thats the most comfortable thing and I can't sleep in it. I have to sleep on the couch. If he wasnt here I would be on the booze and gravol or benadryl to sleep...ANyone else. Maybe I should just try sleeping in the bed. I'm scared
Old 12-08-2007, 06:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, I can tell you that early sobriety means a LOT of changes. And, it sounds like the sleeping issue is something you need to work out. Why don't you try sleeping in the bed and leave the TV on till you fall asleep or play some music to distract you. Or you could try reading a book. Sleep problems are really common in early recovery, so be patient with the issue.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well...
see if this link is helpful...

http://www.well.com/user/mick/insomnia/

Blessigs
Old 12-08-2007, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the link..I'm trying not to take anything but natural remedies since my pill poppin is as bad as my booze habit..Booze and sleeping pills, oxy's , tylenyol 3's, benadryl, gravol were my thing..God sometimes I wonder how I didn't kill myself.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Much more charming sober

Sleep has been difficult for me too at times. I think my body feels it doesn't need much anymore. After pumping all those depressants into it on a regular basis and barely sleeping it probably feels like it's getting more sleep than it needs from just removing the alcohol. Hang in there, it'll all level out eventually and we will be just as tired as the rest of the world, lol.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I also had a hard time sleeping the first couple of weeks. Hurbal tea is something that i used. Or sometimes i would just wait until i got really tired before going to bed. But I didn't have to worry about getting up for a job either.

Barb