He is leaving

Old 12-08-2007, 02:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He is leaving

Hi All - I do not post much but I read every day for strength. And you all
rock in that department.

After a very long week - he has ben falling drunk everyday - he tells me it is over. He asked me if I knew why he had to go and I just said yes because you are 52 and have a right to live your life the way you want. I have said nothing to him all week - why bother, i have read it here over and over no point trying to talk to him when he cannot even stand up.

Anyway his reply - made me chuckle - he told me this is the most toxic relationship he has ever been in. HUH??? He has no idea the things he has done to me, my children, his friends.

All his friends, even the ones he drinks with are fed up with him and his drunken behaviour. It is so sad to this man just keep crawling into the darkness but I know there is nothing I can do

I am keeping my prayers that he means it and will be gone by Jan 1st.

Patti

Last edited by shakarris; 12-08-2007 at 02:40 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-08-2007, 03:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are in my prayers...that is for sure. I know it is so hard. We can see in the alcoholic what they can't see in themselves. I gather he is living in your house? Is it acceptable to you if he changes his mind and doesn't leave? You can keep him out you know, if you want to. Your last comment seems like you are at his mercy and you can affect it.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The most toxic relationship he's been in is the one between himself and his alcohol ;o)
Old 12-08-2007, 08:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Missus - that is my thought exactly. Even when I told our group of freinds I went back to meet after I drove him home at 3 pm totally slosshed, they all laughed.

I am sad though, and there is nothing I can do to help him I know but he is such a baby. All I want is for him to play nice through the holidays We have commitments I would like to keep but this am he is slamming doors, not talking to me and being an a**. Guess if he keeps it up I will go to the dinner alone as he will just drink and become a jerk.

He is so moody. I used to think my A was unique but having read nearly every post here I see they are alike.

thanks for the post - made me smile today.

shakarris
Old 12-08-2007, 08:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

NoChoice - No he cannot change his mind he has to go. He said Jan 1 Feb 1 for sure which is more realistic since we are mid Dec but I am holding hope is is sooner. For my sanity I hope its tomorrow

I told him we will figure out the housing thing as we both own the house and I need time to get finances in order - if I can't then on the market it goes.

That scares me as we have dogs and as we all know hard to find a place that takes pets. We have 2 mini wieners and 2 St Bernanrd's - so its the big ones that are hard to find for. He cannot look after them and I will not entrust them to him at all - no way no how

shakarris
Old 12-08-2007, 08:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you! You sound SOLID! This is soooo hard, I felt like I was taking a huge leap of faith when I left my xah. Physically it was so easy. Everything fell right into place as if someone were doing it for me and looking after me (HP). The emotional part was killer, but I had tools to help with that; meetings, sr, my family and friends etc... Awesome dogs! Good luck...you sound great.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have not been here for quite a while but it is good to be back. Anyway, I just had to make a move after 22 years and I have a bloodhound. No one wanted the boy. Anyway, it all worked out just fine. He was the only thing I truly worried about during the whole move so I understand your concern with 2 St. Bernards. It will all work out okay, just focus on today.