Other people's comments

Old 12-07-2007, 09:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Other people's comments

I met a parent of one of my daughter's (age 8) friends. In conversation she mentioned that her daughter wasn't sure if she'd like me because my daughter's daddy doesn't live with us. With no time to respond, she followed up with saying that it doesn't bother her, she doesn't judge, but her daughter has just never been around that before because her and her husband's belief is that you stay married forever, so that is what she had been taught..............
With MANY MANY things flying through my head, I simply responded that I share that belief, but sometimes things just don't work out as we plan. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR , if she only knew!
Old 12-07-2007, 09:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((((((((Frog)))))))))))))))
Old 12-07-2007, 09:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

That's an awesome response! I don't understand why people can act as though they're so much better than every one else.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Actually the mother was probably just a coward and used her daughter as an excuse. I think that that is how the mother feels. I can't imagine a child that young having those feelings about you without a little imput from her mother. I work with children and I have not found an 8 year old that is judgemental like that. At that age they tend to like most people unless they are encouraged not to. Your response was a great one and I am sure her daughter will find you to be a good person. Hugs, Marle
Old 12-08-2007, 07:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

How absolutely, positively rude, and ignorant.

When I hear little shallow thoughts like hers come to the surface, I always think....be careful lady, what goes around, comes around.

And you know what..it does, it really does...
(not that I would ever wish bad stuff on people...)
Old 12-08-2007, 08:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Haha, you responded great!! I wouldnt have been as nice as you! Mooselips is right, it does come back around, and that woman probably having a few problems in her marriage to just shove that in your face (not that I want her to, but its normally the case for someone to be so rude)

But again, great response!