Notices

My last drink

Old 12-07-2007, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My last drink

I had my last bottle of wine because now I headed to full recovery. I am about to throw bottle of away for good. During this drunk rage, I manage to send an e-mail to my pastor requrest formal pastorial help on alcoholism. I sent another e-mail to another friend asking their input on my proposed solution

The real solution to my drinking for me to convert back to Christianity and go to rehab 28 days under a work release [I would work 4-6 hours a day and then attend rehab programming after work]. This is not traditional rehab but when you have full-time job and going to be promoted, this is what you have to do. I need inpatient care but I need work a couple hours a day to keep current with my job.

OC is the king of rehab place. And since I live in the OC, I am blessed beyond my own wildest dreams. So with a slew of rehab place and especially with $200/hour r addiction psychologist breathing on the rehabs necks, the rehabs will be forced to give me the work-release and I can seek the treatment that I really need.

Rehabs for some reason do not like to give the work-release clearnace. But for patients like me, work is not the problem. Unless you can prove to the addiction psychologist that I need full participation in rehab progrmas, then the subject place should grant me my work release. I paying these damn places a bunch of money and yet they will not grant the work-release.

And I need the in-patient treatment but I do not need 100% participation in the activities. But that is why I am going to one top-five addiction shrinks in the OC and let them negotiate this issue with rehab places. I ordered my shrink to find the top-five addiction psychologist in the OC because they will know the right rehab program. And because I have full-blown autism, I have to very selective on which program that choose.

This is just a rant but I need to get it off my chest. And this is the best place to do so.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Crisco, welcome to SR. You have found a great place, with lots of folks who have been where you are now and can share their Experience, Strength, and Hope (ES&H).

Just remember, whatever method you choose, Rehab, AA, Smart Recovery, etc it still requires lots of hard work on the individual's part.

I can tell you that Recovery has been the HARDEST thing I have ever attempted in my life, and..............................it has also been THE MOST REWARDING THING of my life, for it GAVE ME LIFE.

Please keep posting and let us know how your are doing, we do care!!!!

Congrats on deciding to do something about your affliction.

Love and hugs,
Old 12-07-2007, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Is "the OC" a prison?
Old 12-08-2007, 05:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lurker

Good luck in your recovery.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
Crisco, welcome to SR.

I can tell you that Recovery has been the HARDEST thing I have ever attempted in my life, and..............................it has also been THE MOST REWARDING THING of my life, for it GAVE ME LIFE.

So true, recovery IS life...

You can do this...:ghug2