Notices

Day Two, No booze..I feel ok I think.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day Two, No booze..I feel ok I think.

Well I went to work today and faced all the crap..The guy that I got charged assaulting is in my class..It wasn't as bad as I thought..Everyone seemed like they were supportive but I'm sure they are chatting behind my back..I am trying to learn to let go of caring what people think. But its hard, I had a good reputation but I think I ruined it.Anyway, I am feeling ok, I look forward to the positive changes in my life.I feel like a see a tiny light.I am not doing much this weekend..Just going to lay low and relax. I bought some self help books..I'm excited to read them and also I will be on here. I love this site. It really helps so thanks to those who replied.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi capergirl,

Yeah, the thing is we can never go back and 'fix' things that we did. The only thing you can do is to try to learn something from the experience and move on. As for your reputation, you can show people by your actions as a sober person, what kind of person you are.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for that, I need all the encouragement I can get right now. And at 8pm tonight, I am going to an AA meeting. I'm looking forward to it. I was at one about a month ago and it was the warmest place I ever was. I dont know much about a sponsor, how to get one, or what they do. Does anyone have any advice?
Old 12-07-2007, 10:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Much more charming sober

I was thinking the same thing as I read your post. You may feel as though your reputation is damaged now but think of what a success story you will become to someone in the future who is struggling just as you have. Reputations can be outlived and people rarely think about us as much as we think they do.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Exactly
And I'm so excited to be a sucess story..I was reading a post today from a woman you also has the same relationship problems as me. She spoke of a book "women who love too much" I am reading it now... Its me to a tee.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
believer

I am proud of you. Yes..we do mistakes and have to live with them, but the truth is that time shows you how you learn from them, and the ones that really love you will come back...I believe in learning. If we do that, no mistake will have been in vain.

hug, Karim
Old 12-07-2007, 12:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi capergirl. Welcome to SR. I'm glad your here.

Congratulations on day 2 and deciding to get sober. I love this forum myself. This forum helped me to get and stay sober.

Barb
Old 12-07-2007, 12:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
let it grow!

just keep doing the next right thing, caper. support, k