one month clean?

Old 12-06-2007, 08:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

one month clean?

Supposedly, my AS has been clean for a month. He is still attending counseling, and is obviously trying to work on doing things differently. I got pretty freaked out this week because I found out that his old supplier sent him a couple of emails. I confronted him about it, and he lied. Of course, I had been snooping, and I tried to trap him to see if he would lie. Awful, huh? He claims that he didn't respond, and that he didn't initiate contact. He did go to the counselor today, and she told him that my mistrust is completely normal, and that it would take time. She also told him that this would be the hardest for him for the first 5-6 months. He said that he didn't want to hear that. It is shocking to me how bad this has gotten. This all started with our physician who is happy to hand out as many pills as anyone wants. My worrying may have started after I received a letter from my A mom. She's such a mess--I don't want AS to end up the same way.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Bluebelle it must be tough being sandwiched between parent and child addicts. Is your son a minor? I know it is hard not to snoop, I find myself doing it too. My son is in a relatively stable spot for the 1st time in a long time, but I know that he can relapse at any time no matter what I do or don't do. All we can do is practice turning their lives over to them.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((bluebell)))) hands of the addict. it does you or him any good for you to "know" what is going on with him.i understand you as a mom but let him work his recovery & you work yours. there is nothing you can do if he decided to get high.live in today & enjoy the time he is clean.maybe this is his miracle.i hope so. prayers for you both.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I found that snooping only made me feel bad and there wasn't a thing I could do about it anyway. I don't snoop anymore.

Take care of yourself. He will take care of his own stuff. You don't have a choice.

Hugs.............Lo
Old 12-07-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is hard not to snoop, but "hands off"!
love,
susan
Old 12-07-2007, 03:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone!!! I will work on keeping my hands off!!!