Notices

My Last Drunk (Re-posted)

Old 12-05-2007, 09:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Last Drunk (Re-posted)

Hi Everyone, I posted this originally on Sept. 24. before the forum crashed. This is what happened to me on my last drunk. I am now on Day 75. I just wanted to share this again with everyone and to the new people especially. It is possible to quit drinking one day at a time.

My Last Drunk

This is what happened on my last night drunk. It started out like any other drinking binge. I had 4 rum and cokes and we got some peppermint schnapps. I had 3 shots. When we went to bed that night, I had a blackout. I don’t remember going up to bed. We always have one last cigarette before going to sleep and I don’t remember that either.
My husband told me when we got into bed I was crying my eyes out about being drunk again. I don’t remember that either. After I calmed down we made love and this is when my memory was starting to come back. I do remember that vaguely.
We had another cigarette and I noticed the time was going on 7:00 AM. Well I freaked out and started crying again. I also ended up in a rage and started kicking my dresser and blaming my husband for keeping me up so late. I’m surprised that I didn’t hurt my foot. I have hurt myself in the past. After I calmed down we finally went to sleep and I didn’t get up until almost 3:00 in the afternoon.
When I woke up, I had a really bad hangover. At 5:00 was my nephews 21st Birthday Party. I made it, but really felt like crap until I ate something. Food always tends to make me feel better sometimes, not always but a majority of the time.
I’m writing all this down to remember. This is what happens to me when I get drunk. If I don’t stop now something worse could happen. I don’t want to live this way any more. I have to remember that life is what I make it. It’s time to stop worrying about things and learn to live “one day at a time” like my new sober friends.

Barb
Old 12-05-2007, 10:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good on ya Barb

D
Old 12-05-2007, 10:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for re-posting it Barb, remembering our last drunk is a helpful tool when the obsession to drink hits us.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thankyou for reposting this Barb and huge cogratulations on your sober time.
So glad to hear you are doing great!
Old 12-06-2007, 01:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
"Grateful to be Sober."

thanks barb
Old 12-06-2007, 01:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
believer

I am proud of you Barb, thanks for re-posting.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

scardey, i remember reading this...

my reply... Print It!!!

plaster it on the fridge!!!

love ya!
Attached Images
File Type: gif
refrigerator.gif (10.1 KB, 26 views)