Notices

oh my god

Old 12-05-2007, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

oh my god

I just wrote out this long, really thought out post. Before posting it, I proofread, and proofread it again and again. Made sure it was what I wanted to say.....

It didn't work. It didn't get posted for whatever reason. I'm drained.............I can't retype that whole thing again. I'm scared and I'm drinking and I'm worn out!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

Could it be that you weren't logged on? You have to log in before you can post. I am sorry you lost your post, but we're here to offer support. You can stop drinking and find peace in your life.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

I always ctrl-C before I post, if it's an important post.

Can you give us at least the gist of your post?
Old 12-05-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't know. I was logged on. Maybe I took too long in my post and it timed me out? I don't know.

I'm just tired. I wake up every morning and the first thing that I think is 'I don't want to drink today' but I know...I just know that I will. I drink every.single.day.

But it doesn't take as much now and I'm blacking out ALOT. I used to be able to drink anyone under the table. I used to be proud of that when I was young. Lovely eh?

I have made a few attempts to stop. But I just can't. I am tired of waking up with a headache. I'm tired of not sleeping well. I'm tired and embarrassed about all the bottles of wine that go into my garbage each week.

I'm just plain old tired.

i have a boyfriend who is a recovering alcoholic/addict. He hasn't had alcohol in something like 10 years. Hasn't had heroin in a long time either. The heroin thing really still scares me when I think about it. So I try not to think about it. I think he doesn't take my drinking seriously. Enabler??? I don't know. I honestly don't think that he knows how much I black out. I pretend like I remember the night before alot. Now it only take 3/4 a bottle to black out. I'm worried about what I'm doing to my body. I'm worried about myself. But I'm scared. Scared to try to stop. Crazy. I tried and went to some meetings, but not really 'tried'.

sigh....I'm so tired......as I'm sitting here drinking.........
Old 12-05-2007, 06:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR....

I too once drank alcohol excessively
and I am now a sober alcoholic.

This can be true for you too!
There is hope and healing and health.

Glad you found us...
Old 12-05-2007, 07:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Parismom, I'm in a similar situation. Not the same, but similar. I'm sitting here with an open can next to me, thinking "what the f*ck am I doing, I don't want to do this to myself!" So I don't have a lot of advice.

One thing I can say, though: I can almost guarantee you, he knows when you black out. Maybe try leveling with him, letting him know how you feel. I'm willing to bet he can help you, if you let him.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can start by making a choice to not drink tonight and then deal with tomorrow when it comes. You can do this and there is no easy way, but to stop. Force yourself to do something else and take your mind off things for a few minutes. Just get through the minutes and hours and you will start to feel better in every way.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

tellus I know that he would help me. He would take me to a meeting in a heartbeat. How sad is that that I'm not really ready and willing to go with him?
Old 12-05-2007, 07:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well, make that your goal, then. Tomorrow you don't have to do anything more than open up to him. When I decided I wanted to kick this, that's what I did--my big goal for the day was "call Mom, tell her you want to get better." (Mom's not an alcoholic, but she is the person I'm closest to.) Less than a month later, I've got an amazing support group in SR and I've got my IOP eval appointment on Monday.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Anna... too late...already drinking tonight.
Tomorrow I will wake up and think.....not today.
I am really getting tired of this.
Posting here really just to get it out and hope to shake some sense into myself..........
Old 12-05-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

not sure about my private messaging.....i'm trying to send a pm but it's not working. am i doing something wrong?
Old 12-05-2007, 07:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

If you've got AIM, my screenname is endlessdelirivm. Otherwise, try PMing again in the morning.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

im

no aim. i have ***** though! i'm trying to pm you........
Old 12-06-2007, 04:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Hi Paris,

Keep posting here..you'll get lots of support!

Karen
Old 12-06-2007, 07:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Paris,

Don't give up...Recovery is possible...

Keep posting,

Thinking of you...:ghug
Old 12-06-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hello, parismom. and welcome! blessings, k
Old 12-06-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wink You'll get there, Paris!

4 months ago I was searching for "health issues of alcoholics" when I accidentally stumbled on SR. I feel now that I was guided here... I spent the first month just reading & crying, drinking the whole time. I didn't really intend to stop, was afraid to make that commitment and fail, wasn't ready... The more I read on here & even started to post a bit (I'm really shy) the stronger I became. I now had a family, people who understood exactly where I'd been - no judging or criticizing. It was a miracle to me. Gradually I gained the strength & courage to go for it. I'm doing well - many stumbles along the way, but I know I'm ready this time. And you will be too. Love & caring going up there to you! Joanie
Old 12-06-2007, 01:11 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi & welcome parismom . How's it going today?