Notices

Message to Tellus- Re: Tactile

Old 12-05-2007, 04:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Message to Tellus- Re: Tactile

Hey Tellus- The tactile ( physical) stuff usually occurs in more advanced / dangerous withdrawal scenarios. My experience was rolling waves of pins and needles across my back and chest ( just an added bonus that these mimic a heart attack) ...numbness across the jaw and head...feeling like bugs are crawling across your skin / bugs biting the skin...tingling sensations (particularly near the joints)...itchiness and oversensitivity in general. Actually seeing the bugs ( either directly or out of the corner of your eye type deal ) is an escalation of withdrawal and may be the signs of oncoming clinical Delirium Tremens and probably necessitates a doctor or ER visit...seriously. Those conditions were fairly easily controlled with medication ( usually a diazepam / derivative like Librium ) but that needs to be done professionally and sometimes under a controlled environment. PLEASE...go to a doctor...they've seen it before...it gets worse...seizures, tachycardia ( racing heart) , breating issues, panic attacks.....I didn't seek medical help and am lucky it didn't escalate to that point....there are effective treatments for withdrawal out there...hope this helps
Old 12-05-2007, 07:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

Wow, thanks for the reply. Luckily, the weird tactile stuff I'm experiencing is nothing like that. I don't quite know how to describe it. You know those noises that set your teeth on edge, like nails on a chalkboard? I'm getting that effect from more and more noises/etc. Like, someone rustling a tissue will make me cringe, or the sensation I get when peeling a price sticker off something.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'd be asking for more than an upcoming OP evaluation
to determine whats happening.

Medical opinions ASAP is the way I would go.

JMO
Old 12-05-2007, 04:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

Honestly, Carol, I can't get off work til Monday anyway. I am keeping an eye on it, though.