AH INCARCERATED-Life possible

Old 12-03-2007, 02:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AH INCARCERATED-Life possible

I posted some of this in another thread-thought I would post here-where I started SR in June. AH has been in the county jail for parole violation (finally). His court date-Jan 2008 for the "meth lab" (not his) but he knew about it because it was on his brothers land, how stupid can one be to allow someone to set up a lab? I know the addiction did it. He has a public defender and the case will go to trial. Divorce is on hold so I will not be forced to testify for my best friend (the police officer) nor testify for AH. My dog will have to go to court-if you can believe that-as a witness.

AH has not asked for material things-only once-and will not ever try that again. No money here-he got it all and then some. He asked if I would make phone calls for him-told him no-he had to do it-I did send the addresses and stamps. He has been a full blown addict for over 30 yrs. and has NEVER been offerred rehab. He has been in contact with 2 churches and one rehab center-but I don't believe he will ever get a chance now. He knows about SR-knows how much I have changed and is desperately looking for help. A brand new-just built county jail he is in-not like before-NO DRUGS there!!!!! He has been reading books about addiction and realizes he has a TRUE problem. I realize an addict in jail/prison will always "see the light"but for him to actually admit it and actually seek help is something new for him. He seems sincere-but I know beware!!!!!!! The SR 3 Cs-he has to do this himself!!!!!

I don't feel I am enabling him by sending addresses and stamps. Am I?

I finally got the truck back and now have to find the $ for ins.,plates, etc.-not in a big hurry-I go to town with a lady friend every Monday-that is enough.

Life is going along pretty well or as well as it can right now. Money is a problem but working on it. Only real stress is my male pup-is a fence jumper. Off he goes and comes home eventually. Vet said he will outgrow it.

I finally did get Beattie books and have another on the way. A much needed reading to better understand addiction and codependeny. (sp)

Guess now just keep plunking along and work on me----(and the darn pup). Thanks to SR-I am going to be a survivor and a better person.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Note=this will be his 4th trip to prison. He is facing 40yrs to life, meaning he will die in prison.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Momsrainbow)))
I don't think you crossed any enabling line sending him envelopes and stamps...
It is a shame that he hasn't sought help in all those years of using, so this jail time may be his "Lightbulb" moment.

It reminds me of my oldests last jail time, and he told me he found his H.P.
Somehow between that jail time and now, I think he lost him again....

Hugs,

P.S. What exactly is the dog going to testify to?
And will he have to place his paw on the good book? LOL
Old 12-03-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((( rainbow)))) i am just glad you have found recovery for yourself.i remember your first post & the ones after that. you will be fine. you have found a better life here at S.R. my son was told he would get life the last two times he has been to court.it did not happen.last time he only got 2 yrs. he is waiting on court cases in 2 different counties & has been for a yr. now. he is hiring a lawyer for one case & he is getting only 90days on that case IF my son finishes paying him.he has had almost a yr. to do it. i am not sure about the other case.it is a court appointed lawyer. it may be your husband will get lucky & will be sent to a rehab. just take care of yourself.sending stamps & envelopes is ok. keep posting & reading. i learn something everyday that is a value to my recovery.prayers, hope
Old 12-03-2007, 06:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Moose-they really are going to take her(all 135 lbs) to court. as a witness. Best friend (the cop) said he was out on his 4 wheeler, heard AH voice and saw Lady dog. AH says he was not there with Lady. Lady has known cop for yrs. and would have "smelled him" and gone right to him, no doubt in anyones mind. He saw a dog but not mine. Other witnesses say it was a huge black and white dog-mine is pure black. Took her to the vet and no sign of exposure to meth or anything else. Vet says they are crazy and I agree. This is a rural area and stranger things happen. Been here for 20 yrs. and it never ceases to amaze me. AH problem-not mine!!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((Momsrainbow))))))))

Just sending you hugs, support, and prayers.
It's sad that he may spend the rest of his life in prison.
It's a shame, it took what happened for him to see the light.
I'm sorry for your pain and his suffering.
Prayers,