Now what?

Old 12-02-2007, 12:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Detachment

Thanks for the slew of ideas, Starr! I think you have some really good ones, and I think going back to school is a great idea. Sounds to me like YOU really want to go back, so it shouldn't matter what your ah wants YOU to do. If money is a problem, you could try working part-time while going. With a good education, you'll feel empowered in your life, not to mention you'll create a pathway to a better career in the future!

Even if your ah is not in favor of the idea, it would be a good-quality detachment excercise to go anyway! Screw his raging tendancies...I am just guessing here, but isn't it true that if you don't go back to school (like he tells you not to), he'll just find another topic to rage at you about? So you might as well just let him rage, learn to detach and walk away from him when he does or ignore him when he's being an a$$hole. At least you get to do something you want to do and make your life better!

Stay strong - live your life as YOU want to live it - and best of luck. Keep us updated!