Notices

Fortunate

Old 11-30-2007, 08:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Question Fortunate

And actually, damn lucky... maybe too lucky?

Phoned the surgery for the results of my bloods, the doc said they were at normal levels - whatever they were specifically testing for (liver, kidney, thyroid function etc) I have no idea, but the doc said my blood was normal!!!

Now I've to see him on Monday to have a chat about where we go from here, but I wasn't expecting them to be normal, not after the amount I've drank over the years!!!

Towards the end of my drinking there, I was on over 30 units of alcohol per day and had been for about a a year and a half/two years maybe - and before that only slightly less units (maybe 20 or more) per day for about 12 or 13 years almost!!!

People have dies through drinking less than what I've consumed over the years, and I'm not especially big at just under 6ft or even heavy at just under 13 stone.

It can't be so, can it? That I can drink for so long and have normal function - I hope so, but I need to find out what more the doc will say come Monday.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You are indeed, very lucky!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Be very careful , I used good news from the doc as an excuse to continue my destuctive ways....I would convince myself "I'm not as bad off as I thought"...Lets get another bottle....Don't go down that road, you have made alot of headway Mate........
Old 11-30-2007, 11:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by RK2007 View Post
People have died through drinking less than what I've consumed over the years
Count yourslef as lucky or blessed or however you view it.You have received some good results. Wait until Monday when you talk to your doctor before you start freaking out dude. That's if there's even a reason. I mean... GOOD NEWS is good news .