any ideas on making extra $$$?

Old 11-30-2007, 04:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I cleaned the office I workied in for about 10 years. I had from fri-sun to get it done. When the kids were young they would come with me & play dentist & secretary while I cleaned. It was under the table & ended up to be very helpful at the end of the month.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

You could clean houses - just advertise your services on Craigslist.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Alot of good suggestion. I agree cutting the budget wherever its possible. Also the home parties are great u pick when u can do them and if they start early your home early and some people I know make pretty good $ doing that. Also search around alot of companies pay u to work at home. Doing telephone surveys or data entry flexible hours, I think there is a site just about stay at home moms to get jobs from home. I think its workingmommies.com or even craigs list names jobs in your area.

Go through the budge decide what is a want and what is a need and start there. every little bit counts.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Housecleaning pays a lot per hour (Our condo (2 bedroom 1 1/2 bath)gets cleaned for $105 - takes 2 1/2 hours- you do the math.) I happen to hate cleaning, so that's why I pay somebody else and would never actually clean a house for work, but if you can stand it....

Then there is pet sitting. this is a huge new thing. You get a key to the pet owner's house while they are away and you feed the cat and change the box, or you feed the dog and walk it - for a set fee per day. $20/day is a ball park figure. If you get clients nearby, you can wind up with a very good hourly rate. Get an ad in someplace ASAP and you will cash in on all the people going away for the holidays and needing their pets cared for. Its great for the pets, too, because they do not have to be put in a kennel but get to stay home.

Market research - where you participate in research for a one time fee, also pays very well. I used to do it when my daughter was little. For example, i once tasted some breakfast bars and answered question about them. It took 45 minutes and payed fifty bucks. You have to sign up with these market research companys and then they call you when they have something that fits your demographic.

make sure you find the ones where you actually go to the research place. DO NOT, do not, do not, do not get sucked into anything online where you answer questions/surveys. They do not pay you anything regardless of what they promise.