What is your hobby?

Old 11-28-2007, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Thanks tollbooth! I have been watching a comet lately. The moon in the scope looks like you can reach out and touch it. It's astonishing!

Great pic tollbooth! I always liked skiing, but only on TV. Ever since I was a kid and saw that "Agony of Defeat" where the guy looked like he broke every bone in his body, skiing terrified me! Cross country doesn't count. But, smaking into trees going 120mph bothers me. How do people do it and make it look like they're having so much fun? Ah, I can't roller skate either. But the weird thing is I have these wonderful dreams where I am skating like a pro on a huge rink. I really like that dream too, but I just can't seem to put it into consciencousness.

Never tried a mountain bike, but I am sure I could find a way to break 10 or 12 bones the first day out. In fact, I was thinking about getting a moped just for the fun of it since I work at a college and it's only 7 mi. I think I could handle that! LOL, as long as I don't go more than 15mph!

If I didn't know better, I would swear someone took clips of me trying to ski and bike.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-i5DOAuNlW8&feature=related
Old 11-28-2007, 09:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

that's a scope, scope.lol

the last song i wrote. i havn't been able to play my guitar consistantly lately.
A touh of Jupiter
http://boomp3.com/m/1b442020e7e7

pinkcloud
http://boomp3.com/m/35cc0849a52f

and my other hobbie is R/C. I use to go flyig all the time until...you know.lol
I built this model out of a box of wood..it's almost as big as me.lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
my-cap.jpg (19.7 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by SaTiT; 11-28-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey, Astro....you're the one pulling us all into that group hug!

Interesting remark about that NUN who hit you hard when you weren't keeping time (XABF experienced physical abuse as "punishment" from nuns too). And music is supposed to be pleasurable!

ARL
Old 11-29-2007, 08:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome thread!!! Ample proof that codies rock!!!

Me? I'm a photog. This one took three years to make, and I had to build a special lens too

http://www.evanayers.com/Images/Acha/Wallpaper.jpg

Here's my webbie

http://www.evanayers.com

Mike
Old 11-30-2007, 07:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Thanks Astro

Ummm you are not stooooopid just a bit slow sometimes :comfort:

And see you have another hobby too! Vrrrrooooooooooooooom!
Old 11-30-2007, 07:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hbb View Post
Anyway, thanks again but i really envy you artists, i can't even make a stick figure without the third leg every time!!!! What's that all about lol!!!!
hbb,
maybe you're just drawing boy stick figures?
but seriously, I have always wished I was more artistic too...wonder how we could learn?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
I have always wished I was more artistic too...wonder how we could learn?
I believe there is an artist in everyone, even if it's not in the "arts" we ordinarily consider.

A book I love is the Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. Influenced by a 12-step approach, it works if you work it.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I like to do needlepoint. I only started doing this since I got sober. I needlepoint at EVERY meeting. I do not do it at home. I "let" myself enjoy doing it while I listen at the meetings. It is kinda like a reward to myself for being there. I love it. It is very relaxing. I will take a picture of it and let yall see it. Great thread.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Barbara, those are beautiful. You do really nice work. My mom used to do it too. She did one of our house when it turned 200 years old!!

Such great talent here all around!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Now if I can only learn to take pics of my work that are in focus.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow, you guys are as talented as you are kind-hearted. I am just awed.

Mike
Old 11-30-2007, 07:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Those are counted cross stitch. The Footprints one is done on linen and absolutely gorgeous in the real world. The pic doesn't do it justice.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Barbara52, your work is awesome! How beautiful!
Old 12-01-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

As usual, I show up late for these interesting postings. It made me think that we have a group of talented, interesting, thought-provoking people here. So what the heck are any of us doing wasting our time, talents, and intelligence on brain-fried A's? Of course, A's DO have plenty of interests, hobbies, and talents until the booze takes over as numero uno.

I own two pedigreed Cornish Rex cats and I used to show one at cat shows around the D.C. and Baltimore areas. Hobbies? Well, is completing a bachelor's degree online a hobby? Nah. More like self-flaggelation!! However, in August I will have a B.S. in Legal Studies from the University of Maryland.

Until I was incarcerated in Hicksville, I was an avid follower of Civil War battle re-enactments and went to quite a few. I used to ski, but blew out both knees so I can no longer pursue that hobby. However, this past April I decided to get rid of my flab, joined a gym, and I am 30 pounds lighter and am beginning to use 15-pound free weights for my biceps and triceps. I also do a lot of Pilates. Back into a size 8 and it was worth all the sweat!

Thanks to each one of you for posting photos. I really enjoyed looking at each one. And I AM a computer-challenged dumbo who would love to post some pics of my Rexie boys but - DUH - have no clue how to do it. Obviously computers are NOT one of my hobby pursuits!:mock
Old 12-02-2007, 11:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

even though I'm 10 years older than dirt!

Probably makes me even older! But...what's age? Just a number. I saw my bank advisor the other day and he said it is not unusual for people to continue to work full time up to the age of 75 these days so he sees my re-training in the legal field as very beneficial to my long-term financial security.

Like I said, I can do without the conveyancing side of the law but really am enjoying the litigation courses.....and up here that's where the demand for trained legal admins and paras is too.

ARL