Notices

Exactly 84 hours- still feel WIERD

Old 11-26-2007, 08:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exactly 84 hours- still feel WIERD

Hello again- Thanks to everybody for your responses to my previous post...the information made me feel less alone and scared about what I am experiencing. Things are a little better today, though I still feel dazed and incoherent-not thinking clearly-hard to focus. I hope my appetite comes back at some point..still none as of now. Feeling a bit shaky too.........the anxiety remains the main problem, lots of dark thoughts and emotions like fear and feeling overwhelmed by everything...and just plain tired but not sleeping well. Anyway...thanks again. Oh...and the sick part...the alcoholic part...already craving the next drink and mind F'ing myself with thoughts of just not getting "this bad" again but hey, you don't have to stop.....it really is cunning, baffling, and powerful.....insane
Old 11-26-2007, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Rob,

I'm glad you're posting and letting us know how you are doing. I'm not surprised you are still feeling weird - it takes a considerable amount of time for the body to detox, and it's different for everyone. Your sleeping will even out, as will the anxiety and fear. Hang in there It will get better.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

this is day 168 for me and I STILL feel weird
Old 11-26-2007, 11:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Re: the appetite. If you can't eat, go pick up Boost drink at your grocery. It's in the supplements section.

My doc told me that if I drank two of those a day, my body could live off of that stuff for weeks! The chocolate one tastes pretty good too.

My appetite came back (WITH A VENGANCE!) after about five or six days. I was a heavy beer drinker, and everyone is different based on their body, what they drank, quantity, and frequency.

Keep your body loaded with vitamins, water, and protein as much as possible (Boost is very high protein). Stay away from sweets, even pastries and cookies. Those will really screw with your blood sugar, and can be dangerous.

Your body will tell you what to eat and when, if you pay attention to it. It's funny that way. Just ignore the part of your body that tells you it wants booze. That's part of the deal, and you can read about it in "Under the Influence, A Guide to the Myths and Realities of Alcoholism."