Notices

abortion

Old 11-26-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

abortion

hi everybody.........i've been posting mostly on the alcoholics forum. i'm five weeks sober and feeling depressed. depression has always been with me, even as a child.

i try to figure out if i would be happy if i could get out of debt once and for all and i'm not sure that i would be.

the ultimate thing that really bothers me is that I had an abortion at age 25 in 1989. it was the worst mistake of my life and some thing that cannot be undone, ever. it's so final. my views on abortion are now pro-life, because of this experience.

does anyone know of a similar support group online where i can go for help forgiving myself? i don't know if i ever can. this is something that is lurking in the back of my mind every day, and i really hate myself for it.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

This I know...
The past is the past and we can't change it but we can find answers for today and live in the day. What I have found is that no matter what we have done in our past, the Lord will forgive any and all who ask. Our every sin shall be forgiven... yes even the ones we think no one (ourself) would ever forgive us for.
I have found no other way to find a full healing and forgiveness for the things of my past but through Jesus.

http://www.ramahinternational.org/ is a support site that deals with what has come to be known as PAS-post abortion syndrome.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
believer

Hi..

I can't imagine how that hurts..But you're right.You need to be able to forgive yourself because life is so short...We make a lot of mistakes. I don't know if what you did was a mistake or not. What i know is that we all need to move on and learn. I personally don't know of another support group, but i'm sure there are good ones out there..
Old 11-26-2007, 06:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Well

I am truelly sorry for your loss. I know we have all done things we can never change. I agree with Best. Also maybe in the future after you get some healing. Maybe this is something that you can use to help others going through the same thing. Or to help others to not make the same mistake. One of the wonderful things about God is that he can turn things around and use them for good. He says "For I know the plans I have for you, plans for good and not evil." He will forgive anything. You have to learn to forgive yourself and maybe in the future you can help others with your story. Keep posting if you need to. You might try the womans forum if you haven't already. But remember you are truelly and deeply loved.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

I wish you well.
But, there's no evidence for the "syndrome" posted above.
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/new...rtion-6137.htm
No valid psychiatric association or medical association recognizes it.
It is only an anti-choice tool.

Again, I wish you well in your journey. I suggest you get a good counselor to discuss those issues that are hurting you.

Shalom!