California surfing

Old 11-23-2007, 12:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

California surfing

Hi all,
Well Thanksiving went pretty smoothly, oldest As came and we all had dinner at my Inlaws, I DIDN'T cook! I had teeth removed on Tuesday, and yesterday, I was still in a lot of discomfort. (I think I've had a root canal go bad, or it wasn't done correctly...but I am one big OUCHY)

Son came dressed nicely, and he shaved his head that morning, so it was nice and shiny...(somehow I just don't care for that look....) but kept my mouth zipped.

He was on the cell phone quite a bit, (what else is new?) and he was asked to lead the family in prayer before dinner, and he praised God for letting him enjoy dinner and not be in jail...

He also washed...(no, I did, actually) 3 loads of clothes, cause supposedly, he's leaving on his trip to California tomorrow...they are driving there, and supposedly flying back.... I haven't flown for a while, do you have to show some form of picture ID when you fly? Cause he has NO ID whatsoever.....

Anyway, the holiday went quite well....
and just the thought of him being 2000 miles away is helping me smile a bit today.....
(Oooh, that sounds quite uncaring....but I need some space...)

Hugs to all....
Old 11-23-2007, 01:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

YES, must have passport, driver's lic. or DMV issued ID card with picture to get through security on all flights
Old 11-23-2007, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

You absolutely need a picture ID for all flights.

glad your turkey day went well
Old 11-23-2007, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Seems like I spend more time at the airports than at home these days, so yup...for sure "government issued photo id"

I'm sorry for your dental pain, Moose. I had a root canal gone bad (well I believe the dentist was the bad one, not the tooth, lol) and had surgery to go through the jaw to get to the infection twice (so far). I'm at the point of saying just yank 'em all out...Dental pain is no fun....sometimes owrse then "birthin' babies" !!

Well I'm glad you are getting some much needed space and serenity time. Hugs
Old 11-23-2007, 02:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cmc

:toothache
I hope your Moose-mouth is feeling better soon.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sending tooth prayers, that yours are all better soon. And prayers for your boy also, I know he is trying so hard.

If he can't fly, he can drive, yes? So don't worry and try not to smile as you wave goodbye.

I remember putting my son on a bus to rehab and forcing myself to wait until it turned the corner before jumping up and down and yelling "YES!!!!"

Hugs to all the Mooseclan.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Feeling much better right now, mouth wise...called the Oral Surgeon, goodness, donchaknow they have today off! Anyway, I got ahold of another partners home number, and he increased my antibiotics, and started me on steroids....(talk about BIG lips...just wait til you see what I'm growing now!) and seriously, after 2 doses, for the moment, I'm feeling pretty good...ALOT better, since I haven't slept a good nights sleep since last SUNDAY!

Anyway, I kind of knew you needed ID...911 and all that...
But, it was funny yesterday, because I would mention something nonchalantly to AS, and he would tell me..."you need a meeting mom", so, I kind of zipped it after that ....

But he called last evening, and I asked how he was getting home from Calif. and he said he was flying back, and I said...don't think so.....
So, I kind of vindicated myself, and said...sometimes moms have GOOD info, ya know...

Anyway...since he was released from prison last March, he was suppose to go get his birth cert. and S.S. card...well, since he's been using..his priorities got out of order...plus he's only about 15 in maturity level as far as I'm concerned....Oh he was supposde to go get top dentures too, and he never did....

So, he said...well they probably won't let me have the job if I can't fly home...
Oh well, not my problem...but I'm crossing my fingers that this sets his butt in gear...

Time will tell.
He's suppose to leave on Saturday...

P.S. Can someone tell me WHY people would DRIVE from Ohio to California?
Especially with gas prices so high...has to be cheaper to fly, no? (Something sounds fishy here...hmmm)

Love ya all,
Old 11-23-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

If there were enough people in the car it would be cheaper to split the gas ????

I have had tooth pain and it is WORSE than giving birth ! but Advil works really well , I even used the walmart brand and it was just as good and way , way cheaper . Funny how tooth pain happens when there are holidays , mine was in the middle of the July long weekend , with a major heat wave also !! I would have rather giving birth to ten babies that weekend LOL
Hope your tooth feels better soon .
Old 11-24-2007, 08:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Well he called last night, and left this a.m.

Feeling almost back to normal today!
Hooray!
Old 11-24-2007, 08:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

((((Moose))))))

Glad you're feeling better. I know when I went through dental work years ago, it took a couple of times for my dentist to convince me that antibiotics would work for the pain of an infection better than pain meds (I didn't know I was an addict then, but was a wimp when it came to pain). I did try the generic ibuprofen and still do when my teeth act up.

Glad your son is on his way and you get a break. He'll figure a way to get home....or not. Just another one of the consequences he'll have to deal with.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-24-2007, 03:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i missed this post. how did i do that? anyway i am glad he has gone & i really wish him luck.i hope this will be the start of something good. now you need to rest & take care of you & get that tooth looked after.prayers & hugs,
Old 11-24-2007, 06:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Moose,

Hope the mouth is feeling better today. And remember when my neighbor asked me, before we ever met, "Do you know what Mooselips looks like?" and I replied, "No"? (Terrible punctuation, I know...just keep reading.) And then she went on to describe what she thought you must look like...."Looooooooooooong face, big ole teeth" (as in a real moose face). Well, when I think of the dental pain a moose must have, I really sympathize with you.

Ok, seriously, I hope you're on the mend. Nothing like a toothache or earache to get your attention. I think they are such minor things until they happen to ME!

So you know what I've always said. DISTANCE makes detaching SO much easier. I definitely prefer the distance. I don't do good up close and personal with AD. Anyway, I praying for safe travel for your AS as he heads to CA and praying it will be a good move for him. (Remember my AD went back to MS under the worst circumstances (or so it seemed) and it turned out to be the best move for her.) We just never know, Moose, so just keep the faith and get the focus back on your faulty root canal.

Keeping you and yours in my prayers, as always.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 11-24-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better and maybe they drove to CA because they wanted to see the scenery Hugs, Marle
Old 11-24-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Sometimes ya know...I just sit and wonder... (not a good thing to do)

My son has absolutely NO form of ID on him....
not a drivers license
not a state ID
not a birth certificate
not a social security card....

Life amazes me.....

But, I'm thinking he's going to fall in love with California and never want to come back
here.....
Old 11-24-2007, 07:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Moose, Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Hugs, Marle
Old 11-24-2007, 08:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I hope your teeth feel better soon. I know that's a lot of pain.
As for your son, he won't be traveling in an airplane with out ID.
Sounds like things went smooth for you.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Moose, life takes us to where we are supposed to go and right now God has something waiting for him in California.

Hey, I wish God had something waiting for ME in California, the snow has begun and it's gonna be a long winter.

Say a prayer and give him to God.

Hugs
Old 11-24-2007, 09:20 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Moose))

Bitter Sweet. I'm happy for you, and sad too. But as Ann says life takes us all where we are supposed to be.

Hugs and Prayers
B
Old 11-25-2007, 05:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Marle,
If things worked for him there, it sure would be a GOOD thing for him to stay out there. Yep, a good thing.

No matter where they are, they're here, ya know?
Old 11-25-2007, 06:10 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Moose, I hope your mouth feels better soon, ouch that must be agony.
Sounds as if your son is in recovery - at least I hope that is the case. I hope California is good to him.