Notices

how long does the pain last today is day 13

Old 11-20-2007, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry how long does the pain last today is day 13

hi i am new here my husband an i have been reading alot of the post here and you all have been a great help, thanks i have a great family 4 kids married 28 years , my husband started years ago with a perc or a vicodin tylenol 3 once in awhile and it got more over the years, it got bad about 7 years ago an then oxys came around he couldnt get an perks so he went for the oxys,my husband was doing oxys for almost 2 years, the fighting hiding the pills sneaking around lying was horrible, and we never had no money anymore, we were best friends always and we turned into enemys, i wanted to leave him many times, but where do we go an how do i leave the man i love, to suffer alone i had to help, a friend told him about this docotr who could help so we went to this doctor and he put him on suboxone wich he abbused also, an the doctor did'nt help he liked the money i think and did not care about him, my husband got tierd of the money he is spending all the time he had to go there every 2 weeks for a refill and it was running us about 600.00n a month he said thats it no more ! i am done ! we are on day 13 and he is still in pain and can't sleep. day 11 was a great day no pain he said he felt fantastic all symtoms where gone, an he was so happy about getting his life back ,but the next day he was horrible an today not so good how long does this take is there an end to the pain and sleepless nites. my husband is trying so hard. an i tell him everyday i am proud of him and he is so close to the end of this suffering, please can someone tell me. he also is a member here and he reads alot of the threads, he cry's , he hates what these drugs do to good people an families. i am sure he will talk on here god knows he needs a lot of support from this devil drug. i am not an addictive person, so it is very hard for me and i was the enemy thru his oxy days and suboxone days we have 4 children an 1 grandson 2 months. he has opened up to me like we used to be so close, i am very anxious about him getting back to the husband best friend i remember, i love an miss sooo much. this is so hard for families and loved ones. :praying

physically ............ but..... I remember my first attempt to detox from "Hillbilly herion" at home I made it 8 days and gave up and sent my girl out to cop for me as I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER FEEL NORMAL AGAIN, on my 2nd attempt I suffered through 2 weeks of pain and knowing that i could feel better if i just gave up and copped but i did not and that was 4/1/06 (Appropiately enough Aprils Fools Day) and i haven't used opiates since, thank God, and It does get better, and is worth the wait, but it gets better slowly and it is really great not to have to chase that damn dragon anymore. I don't miss those days where my whole life revolved around either getting or doing drugs. Please do yourself a favor and talk to people online or better yet get to an AA or NA meeting, there is solace in talking to people who have been there and know your pain. Please please whatever you do just don't pick up, it never really gets easy not to use but it does get easier. Our addict minds just remember the the first time we did the opiates and felt like we found the "magic bullet" for all our problems. We conveniently forget all the times we were broke, sick and prayed for death. Keep your head up and talk to people, there are many many of us out there struggling every day to stay sober, but it is definitely worth the struggle. Good Luck and god bless.

sikmik[/QUOTE]
Old 11-20-2007, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I moved your post to a thread of its own, so you could get a proper welcome.

It is very hard for people to understand addiction. For yourself, you might want to check out the Friends and Families forums on this board.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Might want to check out the Substance Abuse Forum too..

Be well, both of you.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks for the quick reply. so we are near the end. i hope so. soo looking foward to happiness again. :praying thank you
Old 11-20-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our recovery community!
Old 11-20-2007, 10:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR...

Looking forward to seeing more of you here...

Keep posting
:comfort