Now What

Old 11-19-2007, 11:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now What

Does an intervention help. My daughter is back in Philly and back to using mainly pain killers and xanax from what I hear. SHe has 2 children and they live with the mother in law.

We have been talking to her husband. She denies everything but you know how that is.

My husband wants us to go up there and arrange an intervention. I am so afraid she will run, or feel more like everone hates her.

I really need some guidance.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If she is not ready, an intervention can cause her to close down even more. You could offer her numbers for help when she is ready, let her know you love her, but beyond that there is not a lot that you can do until she is ready. She has to be willing to help herself. Sorry that you are going through this. Hugs, Marle
Old 11-19-2007, 03:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

If she is in denial, forget it. Its hard sometimes with situations, for instance living with the mother in law. Is this where they have to live? While she has a cushy roof and someone else helping out, not much will change. Everyone is contributing to her habit. Talking to her wont hurt, maybe provide her with info on some help. Its the kids Id be worrying about, bad situation.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

from one mom to another i know your pain. i am sorry for your daughter but you can not help her only yourself. addiction will drive u crazy worrying about her.read around here at all the post & read "what addicts do" at the top of the forum.it will not get any better for her until she admits there is a problem & she wants help. learn to take care of yourself.i will say a prayer for her & the children & you too.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

IN my exper. Interv. can work if everyone around her is on board with it. Like husband and mother-in-law + children if they are old enough. Ea. person would have to state and inforce severe boundaries if she doesn't go. It is a team effort.