I hate drugs.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I hate drugs.

About a month ago my daughters BF took a drug overdose. ( was accidential)
His grandmother got home just in time and did CPR. Long story short this kid was very lucky. ICU for awhile on a ventilator and home and well now.

About 2 weeks ago my oldest AS took an overdose of EX.

Then yesterday while I was gone to work my sis-in-law tried to commit sucide..she was at my house. She almost suceeded..has liver problems we are not sure to what extent yet.

My As decided to not ride to the hospital with me. i never thought to grab sis-in-laws purse. i was dealing qwith police and paramedics. he took her money from her purse to feed his addiction.

I was cruel i suppose. after finding out I called him. I asked him if he loved his aunt..his reply was of course...(he is his favorite aunt) Then I asked him if he loved himself...his reply was ..where are you going with this mom?
i told him he needed to have a talk with the addict and ask it what if she dosen't make it..I said then your last memory will be what you did.

I am not quite sure why I did this...dosen't really matter I did.

later on tonight my son asked me to come outside and talk to him. about 30 minutes prior to this he had been having withdrawl symptoms...then asking him to drive him into town... I told him NO..I knew he was wanting a fix and I wanted no part of it..I told him so. My hubby thought I was insane..he is just beginning to see son is an addict.

once outside my son asked me how did I know...he told me yes I wanted a fix..he said mom you always seem to know us so good. He said mom I am an addict. (This is the fisrt time he has ever acknowledged this) then he started hugging me and crying.)

i know this is a step at least. I also know to not expect anything to change at this point. But I do see a lil hope.

thanks for allowing me to rant.

Angie
Old 11-18-2007, 11:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

((((ANGIE)))))) Wow that is a lot to go through. I hate drugs too. Sending you wishes that things improve
Old 11-18-2007, 11:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by crazybabie View Post
About a month ago my daughters BF took a drug overdose. ( was accidential)
His grandmother got home just in time and did CPR. Long story short this kid was very lucky. ICU for awhile on a ventilator and home and well now.

About 2 weeks ago my oldest AS took an overdose of EX.

Then yesterday while I was gone to work my sis-in-law tried to commit sucide..she was at my house. She almost suceeded..has liver problems we are not sure to what extent yet.

My As decided to not ride to the hospital with me. i never thought to grab sis-in-laws purse. i was dealing qwith police and paramedics. he took her money from her purse to feed his addiction.

I was cruel i suppose. after finding out I called him. I asked him if he loved his aunt..his reply was of course...(he is his favorite aunt) Then I asked him if he loved himself...his reply was ..where are you going with this mom?
i told him he needed to have a talk with the addict and ask it what if she dosen't make it..I said then your last memory will be what you did.

later on tonight my son asked me to come outside and talk to him. about 30 minutes prior to this he had been having withdrawl symptoms...then asking him to drive him into town... I told him NO..I knew he was wanting a fix and I wanted no part of it..I told him so. My hubby thought I was insane..he is just beginning to see son is an addict.

once outside my son asked me how did I know...he told me yes I wanted a fix..he said mom you always seem to know us so good. He said mom I am an addict. (This is the fisrt time he has ever acknowledged this) then he started hugging me and crying.)

i know this is a step at least. I also know to not expect anything to change at this point. But I do see a lil hope.

thanks for allowing me to rant.

Angie

I was cruel i suppose.
Showing someone a mirror isn't being cruel. Most of the times when we are doing drugs we have know idea what we are doing, 'stealing' money from someone's purse isn't 'stealing money' it's 'survival' to the addict. Loving your son enough to call him on what he's doing is not cruel. IMO

Maybe because a Mother's love drives her to do anything to save her kid? You did good. Nothing to be ashamed of or feel guilty about.

JMO:comfort
Old 11-19-2007, 05:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((crazie)))) Big hugs to you. Also, admitting he was an addict is a big first step for them I believe. At least he is acknowledging that something isn't right.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

Maybe your higher power knew it was time for him to see it.
I believe in "Hands off the Addict" , but it doesn't mean we sit quietly watching our childs life go by.
Sometimes, when the perfect opportunity is there it might be there for a reason. I think you were listening.
:praying this is a good start.
Cathy
Old 11-19-2007, 04:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

crazybabie,
Wow what a bunch of turmoil you've been through!
I hope you are being good to yourself while dealing with all that's going on.

Hugs, and hope to you.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I too am believing in hands off the addict, but sounds like he might be almost ready to try and quit. Support is a wonderful thing we can give our addicts when they are attempting recovery, but if your son is anything like mine, be prepared for alot of set backs. my advice to you is coming from experience of things I wish I'd done. so here goes. If you are going to help him recover, just give him the phone number of a rehab and walk away from it. I used to make the calls and ask him all the questions and oh geez the things I thought I was doing for the good of the recovery!!!! He needs to do it on his own. My son comes home from rehab tomorrow and to tell you the truth I don't have high expectations for this recovery either because he went to rehab because his work caught him high and said if he didn't go he's fired. My son does not want to do heroin, he cried all the time that he was losing the battle against recovery. And of courser there I was to soften the blow because I knew he was trying so hard and he was he really was trying hard just not hard enough. I know there are other programs other than the 12 steps but you have to work the program not just go to meetings and think thats it that'll do it.
ok now I'm rambling. I think you get the picture I'm trying to paint.

I wish the absolute best for your son
Old 12-07-2007, 10:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Drugs - it's a perception - for some of us - it could be heaven sent - sunlight superseding the angst ridden clouds.

Yet, you haven't won me.

Life sux, There is stark evidence running through your veins. Angst driven blood.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am not myself, ignore me.

Inebriation drives these fingers to pound the keyboard.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry.

I wish I was dead
Old 12-07-2007, 10:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Take care aspiresobriety. Just that take care. I happened on your posts tonight. Just stumbled on them. I wish you hope for yourself. There really is a life out there for you. Keep on posting, keep on trying. Know that you are not alone.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Crazy,
You are sounding very sane, actually, considering what's been going on all around you. Offer to drop your son off and pick him up from an NA meeting, or offer to help him find a treatment facility. He won't be able to stop just by wanting to. Intervention is everything, I think.