OK to vent

Old 11-18-2007, 02:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OK to vent

I know what we all have or will or are suffering, so it is implausible to me that someone would suggest that venting is counter-intuitive.

We all feel pain, why come on here and destruct someone's feeling of anonymous 'community' and cause such a ruckus?

My thoughts are just as fcked up as anyone’s right now, but I love this place. This is the place I came (mysteriously) to figure out that I have to leave my abf in order to be free. I am thankful. Please do not destruct my intimacy with this forum with accusations of heresy.

Venting is OK. Some people have no where else to go, even when they have huge support networks. I agree that repeated venting is relentless and useless, but let people cry when they need to...isn't that the actual response to pain that we’ve all been expressing in our hearts for too long that makes us eventually explode...?

i know that had i not come to this site and read so much, i would not have been where i am now - free of the 'funcational alcoholic' that was causing me to make ME miserable. yes, i am misearble right now. but after this site, i feel hope that i never would have had i had not been so 'in touch' with others of the same issue. that helps. so i say thanks to the venting people. i needed that thrust into reality. i do not mean to be offensive to anyone; we all deal differently. just don't read a post or ignore it if it makes you that angry.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I went back and read the original post. I've seen it happen here many times - like whisper down the lane - it seems to be being attacked for all the wrong reasons.

I think venting can be good. When I was at the beginning of this whole process, I'm sure I did it plenty. People here further along in their recovery did not pat me on the head or encourage me to stay stuck in it - they were sometimes quite blunt and I didn't like it much, but kept that thought to myself.

Many of those people are gone from the board today, in part driven off by some who attacked them for their views from where they stood. I've said it before, I guess it's the nature of these boards, but I miss them.