games or senality

Old 11-17-2007, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

games or senality

My husband, who is a substance abuser, is doing this new thing and i dont know if his mind is going or if this is some kind of game. if so, please any suggestions are appreciated! He will say " i never heard that" when i recall something that someone said in a group of people. He'll say "i never said that or you never said that" also, " i dont recall that happening" or just "that never happened" sometimes i think he actually believes it. he's 52

"
Old 11-17-2007, 12:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My husband is not a substance abuser and he does the same thing. He is 55. I am 54 and I sometimes don't remember saying things. Heck, I have a hard time remembering words sometimes. Doesn't mean it is aging with your husband, but I know it is with mine. Hugs, Marle
Old 11-17-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know for sure, because I only recently found out my husband's been on codeine - or vicodin (he stole a bunch from a neighbor I found out) - or any kind of pain killer, but I am now looking back over all the frustrating years - not remembering, not following through, "I never said that", etc. - all those things, and you know - I wonder if those were the "drug" times. I have no clue, but it could be. Doesn't make it any less frustrating. good luck.