What has happened to this place?

Old 11-16-2007, 04:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Of a very foolish nature

What has happened to this place?

Was here about a year ago and the place was heaving? Debates, arguments, fights, love-ins, dramas, etc etc. Used to be at least ten people to a forum at anyone time. Hardly anyone about? Or am I just here at the wrong time of the day?
Old 11-16-2007, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

A year has passed...maybe many of them found growth in their recovery and stopped the argueing?
Old 11-16-2007, 06:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have found that it is not the appropriate place to express my opinions and beliefs.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Was here about a year ago and the place was heaving? Debates, arguments, fights, love-ins, dramas, etc etc. Used to be at least ten people to a forum at anyone time. Hardly anyone about? Or am I just here at the wrong time of the day?
Maybe take a second look around. On any given day there are over 500 members here posting and sharing their recovery, including opinions and ideas and what works for them.

Maybe the difference is that today we can share and read, with respect and growth that comes from solid recovery. Instead of fighting, debating and drama, we now have more people who embrace our diversity rather than challenge our differences.

If you are looking for drama, there are a lot of sites out there that will accommodate you, but if you are looking for support, recovery and fellowship with members from all walks of life and all corners of the planet, you have come to the right place.

Hugs
Old 11-17-2007, 11:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Honestly, I think most of us have found a good place for ourselves in our secular program of choice. Not much to argue about at that point!
Old 11-17-2007, 12:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What Best said !

HUGX
Leigh
Old 11-29-2007, 09:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have been here in SC since it opened. Not once have I been asked to tone down a post of mine, or tone down my opinion.

I respect the programs of others, and I ask the same in return.

I have not seen anyone chased out for posting as long as they follow the rules here in Secular.

I have not been told directly or indirectly to post a certain opinion that is influenced by a commercial source or to please an advertiser.

The larger the membership, the higher the odds a member or two or even ten will be dissatisfied. That is basic statistics.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
living present tense

As one who was last here (under a different name) about a year ago when all the drama was going down, and in part what steered me away, I will say I'm glad to see things have calmed. Perhaps, for focus, contemplation, consideration to again take center stage. I've lost my way in recent months and am looking to regain a foothold. Take charge of my mind, again. Not be so alone in the process. I'm grateful, once again, for this site. It's meant much to the start of my sobriety, and before I lose it again and retreat to old ways as seems to be knocking at my door, I try to reconnect again. Gainor.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Gainor, welcome back. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome back.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
living present tense

Hi Alera, Hi Paulmh,
Thanks for the welcomes. I made the unfortuante decision to again allow myself to be directed into isolation from my friends, from writing, from the things that are most important to me. To cater to the wishes/ expectations of another. It's sad, for as part of my directive in stopping the use of drugs, I also promised myself I'd never allow another to determine for me what was in my own best interest. I'd never be controlled again. And so quickly I allowed that to happen. Again now trying to move beyond that. In doing so, also communicating, and reading. "this place" is a resource, and a worthy one.

In reading "Jesus for the Non-Believer" over the past weeks, what he wrote resonated true. That there is no need for miracles, for myths, for mysterious God-directed salvation, to know Truth. The power lies within the individual, in recognition and acceptance of reality, in accountability, in determining for oneself what is one's own responsibility to oneself and to others. That is from where all hope and strength arises.