Peace at last!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Peace at last!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone!!
Well, thanks to you all and all the readings I have done on this site, I decided to move out with my 2 children last week.
It's funny that in the end, Keepingmy joy and I left on exactely the same day!!
Just like her, I can't tell you how great I feel. The kids are so relaxed and so happy that I am now completely enjoying my time with them, although before, I was so mentally and physically tired that I was unable to play or have fun time with them. My oldest son (6) keeps saying "this new house rocks mum!" while the little one (2) keeps asking on our drive home from childcare "going to the new house??". I can't express the sense of relief I feel with this new peaceful environment. Even if, on our first night in this new place, my youngest son got pretty sick and I had to take him to the hospital at 1am, I handled it so well....

Of course, AH is not happy and as unstable as ever. He calls in the morning to say hi to the kids and he is nice. In the afternoon, he is bitter and nasty. Or looks miserable, no doubt to try and make me feel guilty. But that does not work. I am glad that I can provide a peaceful, reliable and predictable environment for my children and nobody will get in my way to achieve that.

2 nights ago, AH came to my place to return the car he had to use during the day. My oldest son asked him bluntly:"what are you doing here?" and AH said, "I just came to say hi to you" and my son said to him:"your breath stinks of beer". My first reaction was to tell my son not to say things like this but then, I decided it was better to let him express what he thinks. If he doesn't like to be hugged by someone who reeks of alcohol, then he is entitled to let AH know about it.
What do you think?

Again, thanks a bunch for showing me the light on my life....
Old 11-15-2007, 09:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats to you ... and your new place. i am sure your wee ones can feel the difference in you and that is helping them.

I do not like to hug a smelly drunk why should a child. I think they should tell it like it is.
JMHO

shakarris
Old 11-16-2007, 04:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Out of the mouth of babes.......
Old 11-16-2007, 04:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

****{hugs}}}

Its so good to "hear" you sounding sure and strong! I hope your lives keep moving in a healthier,m more positive direction.

IMO your son has every right to tell his father he smells beer breath. Your kids have been hurt by all this also. Good for him for speaking his thoughts. I would recommend counseling if you haven't done that yet. THis is going to be difficult in many ways for your kids.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Congrats to you Lucy! It appears that you know what you want for you and your children! Keep going ahead-and keep posting!
Old 11-16-2007, 05:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

What I think is you made the move to save you and the kids any further maddness.

You my friend are on your way, some take longer to see that light, others refuse to look.

Luck to you on the new path.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucy06 View Post
I am glad that I can provide a peaceful, reliable and predictable environment for my children and nobody will get in my way to achieve that.
God bless you, Lucy!
GL
Old 11-16-2007, 11:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Keepingmyjoy

(((((Lucy)))) Wow, we moved on the same day! Isn't it unbelievable how peaceful it is??? My little guy (3) is doing great. He also keeps saying "I love this new house!" He asks alot of questions and my friend who is a clinical child psychologist told me that the more truth the better so that they do not stuff hurt down and they let it out. They don't need all details...but if your son doesn't like his breath, that is a truth, and IMHO you did the right thing in letting him express it.

I hope you are settling in well. I almost am unpacked. I just have a few things that I am not sure what to do with yet.

I am so happy for you! We are on a good road, you and I. We love our children, and we took action to protect them. Now we have to work on ourselves and learn to love ourselves just as much as we love our children!

Thanks for sharing. Once again, it is nice to know we are not alone!

Hugs to you and yours!
Old 11-16-2007, 11:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lucy....it warms my heart when I read that the children are finally "safe" from the mental abuse of the A parent. I am so glad to read that you are finding peace in your new home.

ARL