talking to God

Old 11-15-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy talking to God

For 6 1/2 yrs i have been dealing with an addict. most of that time i have been praying to God. To heal my husband. " oh God what a good man he would be if it weren't for this small problem. Please make him stop" but God did not make him stop.
So i tried to make him stop thinking all he needed was love and support.. but he didn't stop. As time goes by, and i feel weak i talk to God. I tell him i don't understand what to do. I get so angry, lost and confused. i wonder why i have hung on so long.. asking God should i Go like i always tell him i will if he doesn't change his ways, or should i continue to stay and play his mind games? I keep hopeing, holding on to that invisible chord... but I think God can't help him b/c i can't let him go. i feel all i can do now is tell him good bye... can't say I didn't try.:praying
Old 11-15-2007, 12:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DeniseH

I have been with ah for about 23 years now - I started praying that way at first. Then I kind of learned and switched my prayers - for him it was to keep him safe and when he is ready for Your help, please accept him with open arms. And now lately as he is trying to stay clean - to ask God to continue to be there for him and to help me see him through His eyes.
Doesn't always feel like this is working because I tend to be impatient - that is probably the hardest for me - trying to remember it is all in His time, not mine.
For a long time, I didn't even think I was praying right. I finally asked our priest, and his response was of course there is no right or wrong way to pray - he then asked me - do you talk to God through out the day or anytime - I said yes, he said that is praying, it doesn't have to be formal.
Do keep praying - for him and for you - prayers work!

But, please keep your prayers going
Old 11-15-2007, 01:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As the exwife of an addict, I can completely understand your struggle, heartache and fear.

Your post reminded me of this poem which someone else posted here a while back and i saved it in my 'keeper' file. I even have a copy of it on my refrigerator...I just love it... so much truth...

As children bring their broken toys
with tears for you to mend
I brought my broken dreams to God
because he was my friend.
But then, instead of leaving him
in peace to work alone
I hung around and tried to help
with ways that were my own
At last, I snatched them back and cried
"How can you be so slow?"
"My child" He said "What could I do?"
"You never did let go".

(((((((((((hundow08))))))))))
Old 11-15-2007, 01:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

I have found that I can always ask God to change the other person, but the miracle comes when I pray thy will Lord not mine and I ask God to bless him/her and to change me

Passion
Old 11-15-2007, 08:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i feel your pain. i am sorry this is happening. keep coming & keep reading all the post here & read the stickys at the top of the page.there is help for you & for your recovery.prayers,