Marie Osmond Says Son Has Entered Rehab

Old 11-15-2007, 10:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Addiction knows no boundries!:praying

Nov. 14, 2007, 7:29 PM EST
The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Marie Osmond announced Wednesday that her 16-year-old son has entered a rehabilitation facility but she didn't disclose the nature of his problem.

"My son, Michael, is an amazing young man, shown through his courage in facing his issues. As his mother I couldn't be more proud of him," Osmond said in a statement issued through her publicist, Marleah Leslie.

Video: Marie Osmond's son enters rehab
"The press and public have always been kind and gracious in the past and I know they will continue to respect our privacy during this time," she said.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My prayers are with her and her family. She is such a down to earth spunky person that you can't help but like her and pull for her. Hugs, Marle
Old 11-15-2007, 11:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

prayers for her & her son. i have always loved her & her ways.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My prayers too. And good for her for going public and making it known that it can happen to anyone.

A pox on any media that tries to make a circus of this.

Hugs
Old 11-15-2007, 05:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

I have and always will love that family. lol
I grew up wishing to God that they were my brother and sister.
Just like the Bradys, man. I wanted a TV family for my own.
I love you, Donny and Marie....You know what? They don't look much different than they did in the 70's. Now, that is scary. lol

:praying
Old 11-15-2007, 06:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Prayers for Marie, and her family...(it's a big one)

Good for her for going public.
I hope it raises the awareness.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Addiction does not discriminate. They are a great family. I wish Marie the best.

Wouldn't it be neat if she came here for help. Imagine us helping her uhmmmm!

Prayers for Marie and her son.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I just wish Marie would have been given the chance to go public on her own terms. I was watching the Larry King interview the other night with Marie and her brothers about the family's 50th anniversary in show business, and I couldn't believe it... on live TV, Larry King sucker-punched a mother who had just put her minor child in rehab. He's such a ! But she handled it so beautifully. I have such respect for her.
video of interview.

I'm sure she would have opened up about it eventually when she was ready, because she does have such a broad reach and can help so many. But I betcha she would have chosen an interviewer who's just a teensy bit more sensitive than Larry King... the ! (ok, I promise not to swear anymore, lol)

They really are an amazing family. Funny, I was a closet Osmond fan growing up. I was so afraid of being ridiculed if anyone found out that I like these wholesome, milk-drinkers. I really admire Marie now. But back then, I just wanted her to move over so they could get a close-up of my Dreamboat Donny! lol

Thoughts and prayers to Marie and her son.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mertzie, I was watching the Larry King interview, too. The politically correct me would say "insensitive". The real me would call him what he is ...a first class jerk!
As for Donny, a few years back I worked for a company that made hand painted ornaments/nativities. One of the employees' daughters was in the Boston production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat with Donny. The girl's mom painted one of the figures to look like Joseph/Donny, and the girl gave it to him as a gift. Donny sent the most gracious letter to the company, and ordered figures for all the cast! The little girl said he was very kind and took all the kids under his wing.
Bad things happen to nice people. Keeping Marie, her son and family in my prayers.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Guineapigjude, thank you for sharing that story about Donny. Not that I'm at all surprised that he would be so kind, but it was really nice to hear and it made me smile.