Notices

Help...how to lift the fog!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Help...how to lift the fog!

Hi there, I am really wanting some help. I've been on Citalopram for depression for four days now and I am getting so frustrated because I just cannot think straight. My mind is constantly foggy and I feel like a zombie. I get so annoyed because I cant do anything and if i didnt force myself im sure I would just sit staring into space. I am at university and have essays due in the next week and I just cannot think enough to be able to write anything. I end up just staring at the computer!!

I dont know what to do. I want to stay on the medication because i want it to help me but i cant do the work that i really need to and i dont have the time to wait weeks for the symptoms to pass.

Has anyone had this same effect and if so how long did it last? And was there anything that you did that got you out of this foggy state in the mean time? Coffee? Energy drinks? I will try anything!
Old 11-15-2007, 05:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, girl from oz....

I'm sorry you''re having so many problems with your prescriptions.
I suggest you talk to the pharmasist and to the doctor who prescribed them. Tell them what you are dealing with, and they can help you with the delicate balancing act that mental illness has.

I wish you well, and look forward to learning more about you as we both grow in our recovery.

Shalom!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

I have not been on that med. but I agree with Teach. Your Dr. should be able to either switch your med. or adjust it to help deal with the side effects. Take care of yourself and don't bother with too much caffeine it might make some of your symptoms worse. Let us know how u make out......