heartache

Old 11-14-2007, 08:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sjr

heartache

i just say my own heartbreak in the eyes of a 15 year old boy. he is the brother of my daughter's friend. the friend has been missing since yesterday morning. i am lucky tonite. my daughter is back home at 11 pm. for the third time tonight the police we're at my house. because they had to see for themelves she was here.

i just made the very hard decision to let her go with this family to get their kid. my daughter knows where their daughter is. i started to go myself with them as well, but i am ashamed to say, i don't have the strength to watch what they are getting ready to have to do.

some how through my phone calls tonight to her friends, one of them reached her enough to tell her to come home.( I think the fact that i had called the police and they all knew it had something to do with it)

i am proud of her tonight for telling where her friend is. those kids stick together like glue. each one protecting the next. this girl needs alot of help tonight. she is strung out on something badly. i am glad my daughter was sober enough tonight to realize that....she hasn't realized she needs help yet. she continues to deny her problem, but at least tonight we had a conversation without arguing or me getting called names.

the heartache i felt for this boy when he came to the door to get my daughter was unbearable. he is only 15 and has lived in the shadow of his sister's addiction for a very long time. i just hugged him as tears welled up in his eyes. i told him to be strong, we are all trying to be strong, and he was the best brother she could ever ask for.

i know their story isn't mine to tell...but these two girls...mine and theirs have been connected for so long and always seem to find each other no matter what. together they are toxic. tonight i am glad for this family that my daughter had the good sence to help her friend. i hope now she will help her self.

i pray for me, you, and this family in need tonight. please do the same..

thank you for reading this.........S
Old 11-14-2007, 09:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((SJR))))))))

Sending prayers that this is a wake up call for your daughter.
I remember when my son lost a very good friend to an overdose.
The terror and heartbreak I saw his mom and dad go through.

Addiction is a nightmare. I pray your daughter sees the light.

P.S. It sounds like this young woman has a very loving brother.
She's lucky to have him.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sjr, :comfort

My love and heart felt relief is coming your way. I went through this with my girl but she was running with out of control diabetes and a young man that didn't have her best interests at heart.

I am so glad you and your daughter were able to talk without hurting words. I just hope her friend is okay when they get to her. It is so hard to know what to do or say so that the line of communication can stay open. :praising

My daughter apologised to me when she was 16 years old for behaving the way she did when she was 14 & 15. I was a single parent and just knew I had to try the best I could to keep my daughter safe and it was very hard. She lost a friend from her Diabetes Summer Camp to an overdose of drugs. His blood sugar went too low and he didn't wake up to get some help.

Hope the rest of tonight and tomorrow go more calm for you.

kelsh
Old 11-14-2007, 09:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

My daughter's dealer was the older sister of a gal on daughter's recreational basketball team. They started using this crap to stay thin... within a few short times, they were hooked.

I hated Rochelle. I wished her dead and worse... many times. No matter what I did, they found each other... every time. Neither was ever sober long, and never in one another's company.

I remember when daughter saw Rochelle neglect her baby... and it made my daughter cry. But then when Rochelle was pregnant again - they used .... together.

My daughter got sober about a year before she got pregnant herself. She looks back on those times in absolute horror. She cannot believe that she condoned Rochelle's use by using with her.

Rochelle showed up at the hospital when daughter gave birth to our grandson... and it was obvious that she was not welcome by anyone - even though she was sober herself by then.

The tie is the drug... the addiction. There is no friendship.

When I finally saw that - I was able to forgive Rochelle. Both she and my daughter were just stupid kids with a genetic predisposition to addiction. The addiction is evil... the kids are not.

(((hugs)))
Old 11-15-2007, 09:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My AD was w/ a friend when he OD'd and died. It didn't really hit her until she was sober for awhile.
You are in my prayers,
susan