Notices

Through all this trouble still sober

Old 11-14-2007, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Through all this trouble still sober

going through all of this trouble again I still maintaining my sobriety. I have worked my steps and been going to meetings everytime that i start to get down. i also have done alot of praying. I now that this will to pass and everything will be ok. What really saddens me is that this person has turned out to be like this. I dont know what this persons anger towards me is or why they want to destroy me. I dont have have any anger nor do I have any resentment towards this person. I pray for this person that they will get healthy. Yeah I would like to sit and talk to this person but I now that is impossible, plus this person would never face me face to face. I have moved on and I have wonderfull friends now and alot of people who care for me. Right now everything is out of my hands and that is the way i like it. The truth will now come out in court, and there will be a fight. Going through this now I have been hearing things about this person that are really disturbing that is why i am praying for this person to get healthy. the most important thing is that I have get my sobriety and it has helped me stay on the right path and keep going on.:praying
Old 11-14-2007, 04:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks and it's great that you're keeping sober, I'll pray for 'this person' too.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lurker

Sobriety opens our eyes to many things that we could never see through the fog.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Shemp, the word resentment originally meant to 're-feel'. Not to be able to let go and to keep going over the same thing in our minds all the time is, technically, what the word means.

It seems like ALL your posts refer to 'this person', and how much you have moved on-if you had moved on Shemp, you wouldnt be referring to 'this person' all the time.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Shemp,

I posted this a couple days ago in your thread entitled "Once again my life is turned upside down". Here it is again......

From page 103 in the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous-

"Some day we hope that Alcoholics Anonymous will help the public to a better realization of the gravity of the alcoholic problem, but we shall be of little use if our attitude is one of bitterness or hostility. Drinkers will not stand for it.

After all, our problems were of our own making. Bottles were only a symbol. Besides, we have stopped fighting anybody or anything. We have to!"

I spent months fighting and trying to "get even" with my ex-wife. My bitterness and resentments will eat me alive and lead me back to drinking. The longer I'm sober I understand more clearly that there's only one action that brings me total peace, and that's keeping a clean spiritual house and keeping my side of the street clean. Whatever someone else says, thinks, or does is none of my business.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hope3

Yep, God grant me the serenity

to except the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment

at a time, taking, as Jesus did, this world as it is

and not as I would have it. Trusting that he will make all

things right if I surrender to his will, so that I may be

reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy forever

with him in the next. Amen..... Serenity prayer, long version.

:praying Hope3
Old 11-14-2007, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think I'm done here. You're not listening, for whatever reason, or whatever agenda.
We're here to recover Shemp - are you serious about that ?

D