Patience

Old 11-13-2007, 02:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Patience

I need it. Does anyone have any extra? Just kidding.

Seriously, does anyone want help inspire me to inaction? Perhaps a useful meditation, or maybe a nice story about how doing nothing led to something good.

Thanks in advance. I'm full of goofy rescue ideas (again) even though I should know better. I'm trying to convince myself that disengaging IS a rescue activity.

bleh.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Finding patience takes patience

We are glad for our troubles also. We know that troubles help us learn not to give up. When we have learned not to give up, it shows we have stood the test. When we have stood the test, it give us hope.

Romans 5:3-4

Now I know not all believe the Bible but the words are still wise words even if you take away the HP aspect.

Another thing I do is deep breathing exercises and repeating a phrase that means clamness and patience. That phrase can be anything.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

if i were you i would find something that i enjoy doing. that always helps me with my problems
Old 11-13-2007, 05:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were only joy in the world."
(Helen Keller)
(who had much worse problems then you or I do! )

Focus on YOU, good_luck.
If you have time & resources to rescue him, then you have time & resources to build a whole new joyous aspect of some kind in your own life. Your own business, volunteer service, meditation, a new spiritual activity, etc.

Here's my favorite patience meditation for you if you lean that way:
http://www.buddhanet.net/metta_in.htm

Thank yourself for the love in your heart that wants everything to be okay for your X. Give yourself a hug for being so compassionate, honor that brilliant emotion, and then let it go. You don't want to repress your kindness...just your illusion that you can rescue him.

Hugs,
GL
Old 11-13-2007, 06:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Fool To Do Your Dirty Work

((GL)) I am full of those ideas too.....it truly is torture - no good advice - just a TON of empathy....I am there too....