Notices

Well..Change of plans.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Well..Change of plans.

As you know. I was going to Florida. but I thought about it long and hard. Why would I go back to the place where I first started my self destuction?
Why? Because I felt my grams was getting sick of me. And I felt I was hurting her to the point where I needed to just leave so I would stop putting her through so much. I was leaving...Well actually running from myself and my problems. And I would have been running right back into a worse situation than I could ever be in here.
I can not live without my grams or be away from my family. I was going to stay down in Florida with a man I met in the streets many years ago. That is not what I want. I want to get better not worse.
You guys havent seen me in about a week because I relapsed once again and ended up in the hospital because I lost all hope.
My grams outright said to me last week she just wants to get rid of me.
That was like shoving a big huge knife right into my heart.
Do I blame her. Of course not. But she didnt mean it and she told me cried for 2 days after because she said that to me. That is my worst fear come true. I have never felt such worthlessness and despair in all my life. So went on a smoke spree and ended up in mental health again. Now I am going to do whatever it takes to kick this drug habit.
I have never felt ..I cant even put into words what it felt like to hear those words and feel the way I felt.
I am very fortunate to have her and my family after all I have done in my life.
I need to wake the hell up and do something about it before I really do end up with NOBODY.
I dont want that. Self destrucive easy way out trish is finished. it's time to to get to work and be the person I know I can be. The person I use to be.
I need to quit making myself out to be a victim and quit feeling sorry for myself and just stop period.
I cant say I am 100% ready. I am not going to lie now. But I am 95%. I am getting there. Slowly but sure.
I want to be clean. I really do. But that teeny tiny part of me still has love for the streets. But I am killing that part little by little everytime I mess up.
Well..Just wanted to check in. I know it isnt what you all expected to hear from me. But it is nothing more than the truth.
Thanks for being there and Thanks for reading.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Well Trish you have the talk...... are you ready to walk the walk?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All I can say is time will tell.
I really hope I do.
I know I can do it if I really give it my all and do whatever it takes.
the question is. AM I REALLY REALLY READY AND WILLING?
I think I am. But I think I can doesnt cut it.
When i say I KNOW I CAN. I know I will be ready.
For now..Unfortunately...I am pretty sure I amready and am once again going to try again.
I guess thats all I can really do.
And I am checking into treatment Friday.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the treatment goes well for you Chi and gives you the push you need.

In my opinion, you need at least 100% effort, and desire, in order to get and stay clean. It's hard and takes a lot of motivation.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
not a greeter

It sounds as though you're running low on chances Chiy. I hope you start making things happen for your own sake.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Chynita!
I'm pleased to see you're back with us.
I feel for your grandmother. My grandparents are old and they've helped me allot over the years and just today I was thinking how unfair I've been to them and how unfair I'm still being to them because I'm sure all they want is to see me happy and often when I do see them I'm far from being happy. And I just don't think that's the right way for me to treat them. So that's just what was going through my mind today. I hope you're able to make your grandmother smile.
Have a nice evening.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

praying for you Trish...
'pretty sure' sounds like BS.

this time...today. now. not Friday or next week or whenever.
You can start this today - you know what you have to do.

D
Old 11-13-2007, 01:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Chiy,

I don't know what to say anymore to you...

I can't save you, no one can...Only you can save yourself...You have got the amunition,(wisdom), to make an honest attempt at NOT using no matter what!!! You also have a lot of support from people here...

I am relieved that you keep COMING BACK, BUT I wonder are you really trying? Have you surrendered?

I don't mean to sound harsh...I am at a loss for words..

You have been a part of my recovery, but Chiy, I want you to get it right!!! Be a positive part of my recovery.. Everytime you go back out there I am reminded of where I was and I feel sad for you...

PLEASE, try harder.:comfort .
Old 11-13-2007, 02:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know what you're going through. Don't give up.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Chi thank you for your honesty, I admire you for keeping on coming back!
Old 11-13-2007, 03:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Trish,

I do hope that you go to treatment. I don't want to log on here someday and hear that something has happened to you and that you are dead. Cause, honestly, its so very close.

Bfree has a post about surrendering...read it!

Karen
Old 11-13-2007, 04:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I do..I need to fully just give in and surrender. I need to find God again.
Last night I had that spinning falling fast thing happen again when I close my eyes to go to sleep.
If you all remember what I am talking about. It is very scary and I hear voices just chattering real quietly when this happens. When I open my eyes it stops. But as soon as I close them again..It starts. I use to ride it out. But the last time it happened a few months ago. It felt like I was being shook and my bed was shaking violently. Usually it passes if I ride it out. LAst time it didnt. So I got so scared I wouldnt go to sleep. Last night I didnt even attempt to ride it out. It was so hard to keep my eyes open. It was like something was forcing me to close them. So I had to repeat to myself "I surround myself with the white light of the holy spirit. God please protect me. Jesus will protect me. Please help me Jesus." I repeated that until the feeling went away.
Sound psychotic?
It's been happening for alot of years. It doesnt happen often..but when it does it is so scary.
I wonder what that is. It sounds so crazy to me. But it happens and it use to happen almost every night when I lived in Florida and I was in the streets all the time.
Theres really not a whole lot anyone can say to me anymore. I have to do this and do it 100%.
I cant half step. This is my life.
And none of your responses were harsh. I need to hear the truth.
I need to "surrender". I really do.
It is so hard for me to do that.
I dont know why. I know I cant do it alone. But I keep thinking I can do it without program.
I know I cant but I am so dam hard headed. I want to kick my own ass.
Anyway. Thanks for responding.
I still love you all. And thanks for putting up with me.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

when I first came here, you seemed so strong and so wise to me - I thought you'd been straight for years.

I just want to see you be that Chiy again.

D
Old 11-13-2007, 05:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Trish,

I've got no 'expectations' of you - so whether you keep slippin' and sliding, or whether you get clean, I'll always love you - one addict to another.
Gyps said it best IMO - you are running low on chances. I pray to God that you make it through this.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

oh miss chy!

all i can say is...

may the powers that be do for you, what you cant!

love ya lady!

and here for ya...

rz