Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Im new here.....looking to talk with someone that feels like giving some advice

Notices

Old 11-12-2007, 10:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey.....2 weeks clean of smoking crack cocaine! I'm 33 and been living a healthy life playing sports. I lost my auntie and grandma within the last year, and my buisness has brought alot of stress in my life. I was using crack for 9 months by myself, hiding it from all of my family and friends but my wife found crack tools around the house and I couldnt lie no more and came clean. I'm sure this has saved my life but I am looking for any friendly advice how to keep from returning to that evil drug....I am strong but I have to admit this is hard. I'm a rookie at this so bare with me!!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 11:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you are serious about getting a lifetime of sobriety you must get into a rehab and or narcotics annonymous ASAP.
Do not intend to sound mean, but you are truly dealing with satin himself (Crack) and must get help to deal with it. In the meantime get as much information as possible on crack addiction..tons on the internet...Knowledge is power. Get a sponser ASAP, he/she will be a sort of guide...very very helpfull.
You are on the right track..good for you
Michael
18 years sober
Old 11-13-2007, 02:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR,

I'm so sorry about your auntie and grandma. I'm glad you realize how much life has to offer and are taking steps to stay clean. Well done.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
"Grateful to be Sober."

welcome 2 much 2 live 4,
well done on your two weeks, hope your keeping strong
N.A. would be really helpful 4 u - S.R. is good too.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey there 2much hope the day is finding you well.

This is a very serious problem that needs addressing immediately. It sounds like you have a lot to lose and believe me you will if you don't sustain the issue. N.A. is a great idea even if just to go and listen. Nobody will make you say anything. Just listen to the stories of struggle and victory. It can happen for you. Michael is right too. Having a sponsor is a very good thing. You can find one almost anywhere. They say in recovery that you can't keep what you have unless you give it away. There is always someone wanting to give away their secret to recovery. Crack is indeed the devils advocate and will destroy anything in its way. Give it a shot, these meetings. Remember that the worst thing that could come out of it is you hear what the drug has done to other people. You still have a lot of good things going it sounds like and I hope you keep posting and let us all know how you're doing.

Prayers and best wishes,

Rob
Old 11-13-2007, 11:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I managed to kick crack on my own, it is the devil in every sense.I strongly suggest cutting every tie you have with your associates that use or sell, get new numbers.I had to cuz my dealer would harrass me 24/7 when I tried to quit.
I worked out, worked more hours, did home projects-anything to keep me away.I never wanted to be there again.Isolated crack use is so awful, so terribly lonely.Don't destroy your life with it anymore, and keep talking to others for support, you need it.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Welcome . I'm sure if you hang around here, you'll get plenty of advice. 2 weeks is a great start!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your family members. I know it is hard to lose someone.

You can do this and talking with people helps a great deal. I'm sure an N.A. member has been in your shoes. Does your wife understand? When I had my family cheering me on, it made it easer for me.

I had to stay away from my friends that used. And I talked to people that cared about me.