Language of Letting Go - November 12

Old 11-12-2007, 04:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - November 12

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Timing

Wait until the time is right. It is self-defeating to postpone or procrastinate; it is also self-defeating to act too soon, before the time is right.

Sometimes, we panic and take action out of fear. Sometimes, we take untimely action for revenge or because we want to punish someone. We act or speak too soon as a way to control or force someone to action. Sometimes, we take action too soon to relieve feelings of discomfort or anxiety about how a situation will turn out.

An action taken too soon can be as ineffective as one taken too late. It can backfire and cause more problems than it solves. Usually, when we wait until the time is right - sometimes only a matter of minutes or hours - the discomfort dissolves, and we're empowered to accomplish what we need to do.

In recovery, we are learning to be effective.

Our answers will come. Our guidance will come. Pray. Trust. Wait. Let go. We are being led. We are being guided.

Today, I will let go of my need to control by waiting until the time is right. When the time is right, I will take action.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Our answers will come. Our guidance will come. Pray. Trust. Wait. Let go. We are being led. We are being guided.
Patience has never been one of my virtues, but it's a lesson that I am learning more in hindsight.

When I am willing to allow myself to be led, when I am willing to allow the answer to come in God's time instead of mine, and when I let go of the obsessive urgency to get all my answers NOW....the answers come in a way that is clear and right for me.

Just for today I will stop being in such a big hurry to know or see where I am being led.

Hugs
Old 11-12-2007, 04:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We act or speak too soon as a way to control or force someone to action. Sometimes, we take action too soon to relieve feelings of discomfort or anxiety about how a situation will turn out.
This is one of my problems I need a whole truck load of duct tape!