Abby's ER relapse

Old 11-10-2007, 11:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Abby's ER relapse

By the way, do you think this development on ER with abby having a relapse is going to help bring some awareness to the problems???

I hope so, I think the more awareness of relapse there is, the better.

I had no idea the statistics were so stacked against the addicts, that it is so rare to manage just a year's sobriety!

my dad has been sober 38, to me that was what was normal, you stop drinking, period. when I met my exabf and he said he had been 14 years clean, I thought, oh problem in the past...

and other men, I briefly dated a guy who had been clean 7, didn't think much of it, and I met another ex heroin addict at a concert, it just seemed like all the guys around 40 had these drug pasts (and who knows what they mean, did they fool around in college or were they addicts) so it was like, NORMAL.

sometimes my ignorance just amazes me!
Old 11-10-2007, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Same with me OneEyeOpen!!! I don't know if I have ever been around someone on Cocaine. I have seen people that I was told were high but they looked sad and angry.

I have been around people back in the 80"s that were on Speed....guess that was before Meth....became so popular. I stuck with drinking and wasted many years.

I was the Mom that made Pop Corn and koolaide for her kids that had friends over for a party and later found out they had a case of beer in their tent in the back yard.

At the time I had been sober about six months so was gone to an AA Meeting when my husband noticed all the girls lining up for the bathroom...he went to investigate and had all of the kids call their parents to come get them. :caveman

kelsh