Thngs happen in threes!! Not in codepency..

Old 11-08-2007, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You sure sound better! I'm glad you are feeling some better.
You're in my prayers,
susan
Old 11-08-2007, 07:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hmmm..sound better....maybe .... over my fear of loss of control YES. I can't control people especially my AD who has chosen her path for now until she decides that she has had enough. The last phone call still plays in my head...you know..when she left the message "mom, i am sorry" and hung up. This had me calling the police and hospitals for days and as of tomorrow..I am not going to do that. I can't help her and I didn't cause this!!

I am working on one day at a time and cherishing the moments I have with my three other children and two grandchildren. They need their mom and grandma!!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Trisha -

You are sounding better! I'm glad you went to the NA meeting. I was never a judgemental person (learned that from my mom), so never looked down on addicts. I just didn't understand how addiction could take over your life - so I learned the hard way.

I have a friend, who is supposed to be an RA - she doesn't do meth anymore, but is getting drunk a little more often, and taking pills she has no business taking. Her granny is who raised her (her mom has been in prison her whole life and dad died of an OD) and is still enabling her. She's 24, a convicted felon and on probation for 12 years....at the rate she's going, she'll violate probation.

I truly believe that one of the big reasons I'm clean today is because my dad set basic boundaries - don't use, have a job, pay your bills.

You're doing great!

Hugs and prayers!!

Amy
Old 11-08-2007, 08:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

glad you went to the meeting & your son too. step one sure does help when we put it in to our lifes & use it. prayers for you & your daughter.