There Is Hope

Old 11-02-2007, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
harleygirl92156

There Is Hope

I am getting ready to head home for the weekend and had to stop in and check out the posts. Some make me sad, some make me mad and some just make me scratch my head.

I am fortunate to be living with a recoverying alcoholic. I am a grateful member of Al anon and would never have found my way there if not for the alcoholism in our home. I am grateful to my husband for his roll in that.

I will spend the weekend with two of my grandaughters and my husband. We will do yard work, fish for chubs, make our own pizza, eat popsicles until they come our our ears, jump on the bed, eat doritos for breakfast, dance on the breakfast bar, play computer games, watch Over the Hedge 18 times, cuddle, etc. I can't wait and that isn't something that happened prior to OUR recovery.

I guess I just want to leave everyone with some hope this Friday evening. I pray all of you find what I have, I pray for your still suffering spouses, girlfriends, boyfriends, sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, etc. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world today even though I know alcoholism is still in my home, sleeping, resting, planning for its next attack, I know it is there, but I pay it no mind, for I am living today.

God Bless
Have a good weekend
Old 11-02-2007, 03:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There's always hope and I have plenty of it.