Fyi

Old 11-02-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fyi

just checking in to let everybody know that i am.........
17 days
15 hours
32 minutes
free & clean from enabling!!!!!

just so proud of myself that i had to share......could not of come this far without all of you. i really mean that.

and for those of you struggling.....YOU CAN DO IT!!!
one day at a time.

dustie

Old 11-02-2007, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job~
susan
Old 11-02-2007, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

You go girl!
Old 11-02-2007, 01:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to go Dustie!!!

Funny thing...now every time I see a homeless person I think of you and send a special prayer that you are staying strong. Glad to see you are (been sending you LOTS of prayers because I see LOTS of homeless people

The more you don't enable, the easier it gets. Is he still calling you? If he is, just remember - even if he's homeless, that is HIS choice. If he isn't calling, maybe he got the message?

You deserve to be free of HIS addiction and I'm really proud of you!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-02-2007, 02:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yes...he still calls but has not asked for anything. i have told him not to call me but he says he just wants to keep me informed that he is still alive.

i am not stupid....he keeps calling me to weaken me. aothough he does not ask for anything he sure tells a lot.

thank you, all of you for everything

and amy.......baby girl I think of you often. i admire you and your srength.

dustie
Old 11-02-2007, 03:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks for postting.hugs & prayers,
Old 11-02-2007, 04:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Dustie,

I am proud of you. I don't know you well but have been reading your posts about you and your son.

I have a brother that would have been homeless but for our family home that he has been living in since our Dad died. It is in both of our names and it should have been sold when we were having the Probate of the Will done. I didn't realize how into drugs and alcohol my brother was in. So like a Big Sister..decided that he could live in the home until we decided to sell it. I had papers drawn up by my lawyer so certain things would be taken care of to insure we didn't lose the house to foreclosure due to back taxes or lapsed insurance. I never dreamed he wasn't going to go back to work. He rented out a bedroom to get spending money and all of the utilities and insurance and taxes have not been paid for over a year now. He is getting social security and lives off and on with a friend....guess the homeless man he rents to must be paying the water, garbage, & PUD. The property taxes are three years behind as of this month. I paid two years of taxes and decided all I was doing was enabling him to keep doing what he was doing.

He is angry at me and won't even call me collect. He let the phone get disconnected and I don't have a phone # to call him. I have written twice and asked him to call me collect. He is only 18 months younger than I am so I can't believe he is acting like a misguided teenager more than an adult man of 65 years.

kelsh
Old 11-02-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

dustie....a big white chip for you!!
awesome..!