The 3 c's

Old 11-01-2007, 03:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The 3 c's

Last night I went trick-or-treating with my stepsister, T, and my niece and nephew. We had a great time, then got back to the house and her best friend came over, obviously under the influence of some med (and in total denial). I pulled out all my codie recovery tools and did not get sucked into the pity party her friend was trying to pull us into.

Today, T called and asked if I'd heard from the friend (she's become my friend, too, but I didn't know about the drugs). Told her no. Friend had driven home, when she shouldn't have, but we couldn't stop her and she was disrupting T's house so couldn't stay there.

T said she'd thought about calling her but thought to herself "what was it Amy said...I didn't cause, I tried to change it and couldn't, and I can't cure it - okay, not my problem". She couldn't figure out why friend was so mad at her and I explained that we didn't play into the "poor me, my life is miserable" game (because T was following my lead), although we weren't mean. T said "ya know, that makes sense".

Gee....I think we've got another recovering codie

Thanks for teaching me about the 3 c's and keeping me grounded. Next I'm teaching her about the hula hoop

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-01-2007, 03:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

oh, how many times did i repeat the 3c's over & over when i was new to recovery. i still do it today on some bad days when my codie habits are trying to kick in. recovery works if u work it.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Recovery is catching, I think.

Hugs
Old 11-02-2007, 08:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Amy))))

You know, I attend Alanon, but Mr. Big tried it once and didn't like it.

I heard him complaining about our son-in-law the other day... then he said, "Oh well, It is what it is" (a phrase of acceptance I picked up at Alanon).

We both looked at each other and burst out laughing.

Ann is right - recovery is contagious!!

Thanks for being such a good friend to your friends. ((hugs))