Notices

hi

Old 11-01-2007, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi

just wanted to say hello here, my father is bi-polar but luckily not an addict so he can take his meds with no worries. i just wanted to introduce myself. i do not understand bi-polar disorder very well yet & hope to begin to so i can understand my dad.
thanks.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Best of luck with everything, and welcome! There are a lot of really wise and experienced and helpful people here. Stick around, you will learn a lot.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi danib,

I don't know much either but think I posted on another site where you asked about BiPolar...but maybe it was something else....?

Keep posting and you will have all your questions answered by people that do understand the illness and meds used.

kelsh
Old 11-01-2007, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Welcome, Your Dad is very lucky to have such a caring and concerned daughter. Support makes a big difference when someone has BPD.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi, thanks for the comments
yes Kelsh you have answered my comments on chronic pain on other threads, you've been very helpful! thanks!
i do try to be caring & concerned, dad's issues are difficult at times. he had a heart attack a few years ago & i know he would probably like to come live with me, but because i have a chronic pain condition i dont' think i can care for him. i'm not sure i should try, i sort of think he needs nurses who are trained to care for him. so far it's ok, he lives alone but close to an aunt of mine who spends a lot of time with him. it seems to be working out fine for now.